Biting my tongue

by Jrjw 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

I'm really biting my tongue at the moment with a certain witness. He said he hates how the churches have lied to people, misled them, controlled them, got money out of them. Gouge can He noht see the wts has done that, I really wanted to say something so badly. He said a few times lately he's questioned my loyalty to the truth coz of how i feel about the child abuse and 607bce. I'm having to keep covering my tracks (twist my words) to throw him off

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll make it to becoming inactive or if I'll put my foot in it and be df'd before that time for the ability to think and reason.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

I hate the way there have misled people, controlled, lied to them and robbed them. The way there charge people for funerals and weddings, list is endless. That is why even though the witnesses have made mistakes there are far superior to the churches

That's what he's just said to me 😲 he's never even been to a church In his life. He was saying the society says they behave a certain way and the society says they believe certain things(some which aren't even true but he believes it coz the society says so). I was starting to defend the churches against the wrong things the society has taught about them and have had to stop myself before i completely stick my foot In it. How have people coped when they're fading?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Love this quote, "We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less"...JW's do not listen...

• Giordano
    Giordano
    He said a few times lately he's questioned my loyalty to the truth coz of how i feel about the child abuse and 607bce.

Danger alert. It might be in your best interest to limit your time with this JW. He sounds toxic.......... questioning your loyalty?

I'd Stay away from him.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Giordano - I seriously wish I could but he's my ex and we have a kid together. I managed to turn the conversation around to question his loyalty with one of his comments he made and it shut him up thankfully. Think I Need to stay off scriptural conversations with him in future or I'm gonna completely drop myself in it coz i can't defend a lie

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Talk about your child. Drop the God talk.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

He text me about last nights book study (which I didn't even do) and then started criticising teachings of the churches which he has wrong and slating them but praising 'the society' as being almost perfect. He said he was just triyin to have a positive spiritual conversation but it got my back up when he started praising the wts and saying the churches control people when he's In probably the highest controlled religion there is lol. Need to learn to keep my mouth shut

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Yes keeping your mouth shut when you want to shake them and say WAKE UP is so hard.

I have taken to saying "yes religion is a snare and a racket". They nod in agreement and you are saying the truth.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Make a fake email account and anonymously send him some TTATT related information such as the Australian Hearing Videos.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I have this picture of JW's like a child with their hands covering their ears and yelling, LA LA I can't hear you!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit