Watchtower says in Paradise we will fly like Superman and so avoid accidents???!!

by Witness 007 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

*** w80 4/15 p. 5 Coming—A World Without Pain ***

THE PAIN THAT WILL VANISH

The ability to sense physical pain can be beneficial. In fact, it is essential to human life. Hence, God’s promise that there will be no more pain could not mean that earthly subjects of Kingdom rule will become insensitive to all pain.

Rather, this promise that ‘pain will be no more’ indicates that mental, emotional and severe physical pain will vanish. Such pain has resulted from sin and imperfection. (Rom. 5:12; 8:21, 22) How will it ‘be no more’? In the sense that its causes will be eliminated.

*** it-2 p. 567 Pain ***

‘No More Pain.’ Although unpleasant, the physical sensation of pain serves a beneficial purpose by alerting a person to danger regarding bodily damage and thereby enables him to take steps to avoid serious injury. The fulfillment of God’s promise that “neither will . . . pain be anymore” (Re 21:4), therefore, could not mean that humans would become insensitive to or incapable of experiencing pain. Rather, mental, emotional, and physical pain that has resulted from sin and imperfection (Ro 8:21, 22) will ‘be no more’ in the sense that its causes (such as disease and death) will be removed. That bodily perfection does not of itself require absolute painlessness is verified by the fact that even the perfect man Jesus experienced physical and emotional pain in connection with his death and the unresponsiveness of those to whom he ministered. (Mt 26:37; Lu 19:41) It was even foretold that he would be “a man meant for pains.” (Isa 53:3) By curing those “distressed with various diseases and torments” (Mt 4:24), Jesus bore the pains of others.—Isa 53:4.

---but I have encountered jws that have wild personal ideas

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

................Help!!!!!!! I'm trying to get away from Jehovah's Witnesses!

• talesin
    talesin

Canadian hoverboard actually works! This is paradise, told ya! :P

https://www.facebook.com/cbcnews/videos/10153729011224604/

• talesin
    talesin
    double post
  • Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Blondie, Thanks for the watchtower publication quotes.

The debates I had regarding literal pain being done away with were just with a couple of JW's I had encountered, who were old-timers. I guess their views didn't reflect the org's and majority of JW's in general.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I remember when I was a kid my parents telling me that doing drugs was dangerous because it is a very real possibility you would have thoughts that you could fly. I believe there had been stories in the news at the time of kids doing PCP and thinking they could fly off roof tops and ended up killing themselves.

JWs should just say "No!" to drugs.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Watchtower says in Paradise we will fly like Superman.

..............................................................................................Whose Life..

...................................................................................Can I Fuck Up Today??!!

...Image result for bUSINESSMAN with cape.........Image result for bUSINESSMAN with cape

• prologos
    prologos

Canadian hoverboard actually works! This is paradise, told ya! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The best way to make them fly is to take them when you are "leaving on a jet plane" but airlines have banned them. As the PO stated the challenge is always the landing or any other type of contact you make when flight ends.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    In that case, I may go back. I've always wanted to be a superhero.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit