so its discussions with people..

by zeb 11 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

So the wt mag is all but gone just a few a year. Thus a big gap in the Sunday program? No more year books. and the faithful are told they will witness with a conversation. Well well how many jw pause only to answer from the party line and not to acknowledge the other party.

There have been enough silly ideas come forth out the r&f down the years and that is when they have all the info fed to them. With information now reduced to almost cut-off then the parochial "I think", "I heard the other day" "We assume.." will now rife forth with ever more embellishments until the wt 'message' is not recognisable.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    With information now reduced to almost cut-off then the parochial "I think", "I heard the other day" "We assume.." will now rife forth with ever more embellishments until the wt 'message' is not recognisable.

Darn good point. Won't Watchtower loose more control?

I wonder if the time will come when only special, selected "kingdom preachers" will be set loose on an unsuspecting world?!!

• waton
    waton

get the cliques in the congregations to talk first.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The study edition will still exist won't it?

• zeb
    zeb

dont know.

• Chook
    Chook

The spiritual food banquet is fast becoming a famine.

• freddo
    freddo

"The study edition will still exist won't it?"

'Fraid so.

• carla
    carla

"are told they will witness with a conversation"- how damn stupid is that?! They have to be told to have an actual conversation with people? wow! who knew?

Now, how many jw's can actually have a real conversation with people? Meaning, will they stop to listen to what the door has to say rather than have a ready stock answer from their clam meeting? How can they have real conversations when they are not allowed to look at opposing information? they are uninformed about all the sexual abuse cases, etc...etc...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It seems to me that Jehovah's Witnesses in recent years have been afraid to enter into a "conversation". Unless the other party to their conversation is going to nod their head and turn off their brains, the JW turns-tail and runs away because they cannot defend their own beliefs. In fact, most JW's today have no idea what the WT doctrins are today.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Poor JW kids. It used to be that they would go door to door selling mags/books. Then later, they had to present and 'give' mags for free to householders. Now, they have to just strike a type of 'conversation' with householders?! How unnatural for kids. Basically, it's getting to be even more so that the wt org is doing nothing to help pubs. in the so-called ministry. They are on their own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit