Ok, We Need To Talk About The Latest Caleb & Sophia Cartoon

by pale.emperor 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

(As of 10 Sep 2020) there's a new Caleb & Sophia cartoon in which the org puts into the minds of children the idea that celebrating a birthday will cause Jehovah to not want to be your friend anymore.

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/children/become-jehovahs-friend/videos/trailer-jehovah-forgives/

Can you imagine being 6 years old and thinking god himself is no longer your friend because you blew out a candle on a birthday cake or wished someone a happy birthday?

As bad as all this is, the birthday thing is just one of many JW rules that isnt even supported by scripure.

Watchtower constantly hits new low's. Dashing a child's self esteem or instilling guilt.

• Daniel1556
    Daniel1556

Just watched it. It's a trailer for the real episode.

It's absolutely disgraceful and so manipulative.

My son is exactly in this situation. I kind of celebrate with him his 8th birthday. And he will see that.

Well... good to know about this episode. So i can watch it with him and we can have an open discussion how he feels about it and that he doesn't get a guilt trip.

And will tell him again, that this is only a manmade rule.

• Biahi
    Biahi

This kind of teaching for children is disgusting, and why my childhood SUCKED. These people guilt tripping little kids for an innocent act. This should be publicized for the public to see some of their harmful teachings. Cult!!

• Biahi
    Biahi

Oh, and pale emperor, so glad your daughter is not subjected to this crap.😀

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So with everything going on in the world today, this is all the watchtower is worried about??!! Little kids not having some fun?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

One of the first thing I did when I left the JW was to celebrate my kids' birthdays. That being said, I don't remember personally suffering from not celebrating my birthdays and holidays when I was a kid. The reason is that my mom made sure to create other "holidays" :

• First year in school = party.
    • First hair on my chin = party
    • First high school year = party
    • Every wedding anniversary = BIG party (was equivalent to christmas)
    • first talk in theocratic school = party
    • First and last lost tooth = party
    • and so on...

Once I left however, i noticed that this was not the case for many JWs. Some didn't celebrate anything at all and suffered greatly because of this.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

if jehovah is gonna unfriend you because you celebrate the anniversary of someones birth, or even your own.... well then fuck you jehovah! you have mental problems..

a celebration is nothing more than being happy for something that happened. an anniversary is nothing but the position of earth in relation to the sun

all we are saying is this: the last time the earth was in this exact place in relation of the sun (or within 3.2 million miles which is not exactly exact) something memorable in my life happened and am happy to remeber it. oh that makes you sad? you are such a petty god.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The whole birthday prohibition is definitely a feet of mental gymnastics and no evidence on behalf of the Watchtower. There is no mention in the Bible of anyone celebrating anyone's birthday. Even the two Biblical incidents the Watchtower uses in which they state "the only 2 mentions of birthdays in the Bible someone is killed" are not identified as birthday celebrations in the Bible.

The Watchtower reasoning of "birthdays give honor to a person and all honor belongs to Jehovah" is also non-Biblical nonsense. "Honor thy father and mother" is in the Bible. Even Jesus quoted that. Last time I checked fathers and mothers are people.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

"Yessir we can have a gender reveal party, a baby shower party but a birthday party makes Jehovah very 😥 sad"

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

poor kids frightened of the big invisible bogey man in the sky. and dubs wonder why so many born in kids leave the cult when they grow up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit