UPDATE: My existential crisis comes to a close

by Freeandclear 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm happy for you.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I know what this crisis was doing to you F&C from your last thread so I'm relieved you've found a way through it. Good for you. Keep an open mind and don't listen to anyone who says they have the truth, then you'll be safe. It was nice to see some of my suggestions and those of others in your post but the rest is all you. You found a way. So glad you're okay 🌹

• ChrisIncredulous
    ChrisIncredulous

Glad you've found an answer to your crisis! Keeping a journal is a great idea, and something I've been doing for a while. Would recommend everyone do it. It's a place you can properly explore your feelings and get some clarity.

• Alive!
    Alive!

Well, you are in good company of all sorts of men, from the great, from brilliant minds to the small and simple - for many, God just is...

Keep strong :-)

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

That is awesome, my motto is "live and let live". Everything else will take care if itself.

Sometimes is better not to over analyze things, just put the burden of proof on God. The least he can do is provide evidence considering the sober reality of his absence.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Having God back in your life is important to you. Your understanding of God and the relationship you need makes sense to you. If it's enough then you don't need made up dogma, scripture, WT publications etc. to undermine that very personal relationship.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I agree. I do think there is something greater than ourselves, but I don't think any one religion has all the answers.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Sounds like your in a hurry to deaden your existential crisis by forcing yourself to believe in this god of yours. I kind of embrace my existential crisis. I'm in no hurry to force any resolution in my beliefs, but am quite eager to slowly digest the evidence around me. After I left WatchtowerLand I went through a period where I hated god for awhile. Then I started to read the NT and developed a yearning for Jesus in my life. That lasted only for about a month. To make a long story short, a bunch of terrible stuff happened and I realized there is no higher being that gives a diarrhea squirt about us. Realizing that was quite a relief actually. When you figure out how to justify disease,cancer, brain eating amoebas, horrific natural disasters etc, etc, with a caring god, please let me know.

• Believer
    Believer

FreeandClear, you demonstrated what I was trying to explain in another thread, but you articulated it so much better. An existential crises is such a personal matter that the answer is also to be found personally, inside you, just you and your thoughts. And as you said, the answers will come. Not everyone will come to the same conclusion, but at least all who do it will be living their own truth.

You also described the way I see worship. Its not doing any sacrificial thing or begging for anything. Worship is just being thankful. Just looking at your life and acknowledging the beauty and wisdom of it all. A God that is able to create all that we see is surely not so insecure that he needs us to harm ourselves in order to please him. Worship and believing in God is as simple and as easy as breathing.

So Bravo! I think you will help a lot of people to go inside and find their own answers. And welcome to the “Nones” – those of us who love God, but religion, not so much!

P.S. – I also appreciate all the nonbelievers who have given you support in your decision. I think that’s the highest ideal of human behavior, no matter your personal views.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Congratulations on working through the process and finding resolution.

As a JW I was guided by religious dogma.

It is very different to be guided by intuition and spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit