What exactly is grieving gods Holy Spirit?

by Chook 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If the WT is right and holy spirit is an impersonal force, how could it experience an emotion like grief?

I like your reasoning Ding

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yet Jesus warned the non-anointed Pharisees against sinning against the Holy Spirit.

• Marie33
    Marie33

Who knows now that Jehovah's Witnesses are allowed to have a boogie dance in the parking lot of the convention site. Must be new light, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZaw1xe8Q70

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

What exactly is grieving gods Holy Spirit?

One of the many made up terms and concepts that groups use to make people feel like they know something that others don't.

• Marie33
    Marie33

If the Holy Spirit can be grieved the Watchtower has done it with this weird property for conventions they have in Denmark. This is going to be hard to be believe which is why I'm posting the google site which when you click on the small top left picture and scrolled down you can to see the JWs and I'm sure the JWs in attendance have no idea!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Jehovas+Vidners+St%C3%A6vneplads/@56.1869518,9.6136366,621m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x464b8acb27a70b3d:0x71c0aa9404e5cd37!8m2!3d56.1869518!4d9.6158253

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    What exactly is grieving gods Holy Spirit? - masturbating.
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

LUHE, omg you are so right!

• zophar
    zophar

Blondie already referenced the WT article I looked at. Like her, I find it interesting that it clearly applies this to the anointed and then like everything else they include the "Other Sheep" by extension. We are just never good enough to get our own counsel are we????

Steve2 made the comment linking this "grieving" with the unforgivable sin. I think that is how the elder was trying to apply it in your case. However, WT literature clearly shows that no one on earth can determine when a person commits an unforgivable sin. So really, it was pretty careless and crass of the elder to apply that to you even by JW standards!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

my ex wife said something similar to me "I've sinned agaisnt the holy spirit" quite a big deal if there was such a thing , like the creator of the entire universe would give a single hoot about me!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

the holy spirit cried that day

the sky was dark and very grey

oh holy spirit what's your game?

some might think you are insane.

no one understands your mood

a sensitive and fragile dude

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit