I genuinely burst out laughing.................

by The Fall Guy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

...when I read a reply to an email which I sent to a devout couple of JW's, showing the luxurious accommodation which "vows of poverty" JW's have been living in.

https://ibsaproperty.com

The reply began by apologising for their "bad French." Brilliant! When the org's hypocrisy provokes a faithful JW to use such language, it warms the heart.

I hope other JW's get to see how their contributions are being "wisely used" by the cult.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The CogDis is strong in this one.

• Listener
    Listener

I used to think that Rutherford's Beth Sarim and Cadilacs were over the top but the number of these luxury houses being sold in England alone is staggering.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Those listings have been out for quite a while but they're just now getting traction.

It's also worth remembering they are London homes where property is at a premium as is space. Gardens like those are only found in multi million pound houses within greater London.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

If a JW publisher who worked for a living had their home furnished like these properties, they'd be whispered about in the congregation as being "very materialistic."

The fleeced sheep are paying for all of this - constantly.

• rickroll
    rickroll

Nothing you can show them will change their mind. If Tony tight pants molested a child in the middle of time square they would say it was a lie.

• amandm
    amandm
    Wow. So they're full on property developers now. Odd, given that they still state they are a charity on the website. So crooked.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was told some time ago that one of the advantages of the Chelmsford project was that it would allow the sale of several buildings that were then used for residences off the site of the old Bethel. Judging by the postcodes they are all in spitting distance of the old site.

It is a lot of money but that is what property costs in that part of the world. I would accept it if we were told that they have been done up for sale.

That is how they will pay for a super new UK base at Chelmsford.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

If that's what it means for a bethelite to take a vow of poverty then sign me up!

• Val2020

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit