Watchtower Library Won't Run

by sfbayarea 20 Replies latest jw friends

• sfbayarea
    sfbayarea

I have 4 computers that are all running Windows 10 version 1703.

1. Laptop that came with Windows 10 was updated to version 1703 - Watchtower Library runs fine

2. Laptop that came with Windows 8 was updated to Windows 10 for free - Watchtower Library runs fine

3. Laptop that came with Windows 7 64 Home was updated to Windows 10 for free - Watchtower Library does NOT run

4. Desktop that came with Windows 7 64 Home was updated to Windows 10 for free - Watchtower Library does NOT run

Note: 01 - Computers 3 & 4 won't run Watchtower Library 2015 or 2016

Note: 02 - Just wanted to know if anyone else that updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 have this issue

• Chook
    Chook

Sfbayarea

I think God is blessing computer 3&4. On a serious note I'm shit on computers.

• jaydee
    jaydee

I guess they don't run on a 64 bit machine....

• Londo111
    Londo111

Modern computers know how to reject garbage, screen for viruses, ect...

Looks like all your machines are operating as they should.

• sfbayarea
    sfbayarea

1. & 2. are also 64 bit computers.

I'm not a JW (nor am I likely to ever become one).

I just wanted to know if anyone else had a problem running the Watchtower Library on a 64 bit pc running Windows 10 version 1703 that previously had Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium installed.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The holy spirit is preventing its use by someone who frequents apostate forums...

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Did you buy computers 3 and 4 at a yard sale? They could be demon infested.

• Simon
    Simon

You probably need to set compatibility options on the app so that they think they are running on the older version of Windows.

• sfbayarea
    sfbayarea

I already had tried the below on computers 3 & 4. None of the earlier versions of Windows worked.

"Windows has a built-in tool called Program Compatibility Troubleshooter that could automatically fix any compatibility problems for you. If the troubleshooter can't fix the problem, you can manually make an app run in compatibility mode, which will run the app using the settings from an earlier version of Windows. You can have the troubleshooter automatically search for apps that could have issues in Windows 10 or manually run the troubleshooter on a specific app"

• sfbayarea
    sfbayarea

Installing and or running Watchtower Library as an administrator does NOT fix the issue on computers 3 & 4.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit