HORRORS! Ottawa Senators fans irate as cable repairs are underway

by Scully 19 Replies latest social physical

• Gopher
    Gopher

The Minnesota Wild, went wild and took the game 7 - 2 . Even I thought it was going to be over and done with, but I was wrong.

Hehehe. In sevenofnine's "NHL Round II" thread, I warned about underestimating the Minnesota Wild. If the first game would have been 59 minutes and 58 seconds long, then this series would now be 3-2 in favor of the Wild, and not Vancouver. Up until last night each game in this series had been decided by only one goal.

So the Wild defeat the Avalanche in Round one, a team with the best goaltender in history plus Forsberg and Sakic, and they press Vancouver to the limit for each game.

Why do not people understand that the Wild is a very tenacious hockey team with great goaltending, with the best coach in the league (Jacques Lemaire), and with just enough firepower to win?

Keep underestimating the Wild -- and you'll see a third-year expansion team in the NHL finals just like happened with the Florida Panthers a few years back.

I know the Wild still have 2 games to win in their Canucks series -- and it may or may not happen. But with the 7-2 outcome last night, you've got to figure their odds are at least even of winning Wednesday's game 6 and forcing a deciding game 7 Thursday in Vancouver.

• Scully
    Scully

Ray:

I wasn't able to see either game actually... it was a fairly busy at work last evening... but our ward clerk (bless her heart) kept announcing the score over the PA system for the benefit of all the new dads on the unit. We even had one dad come to the nursing station with his newborn son to watch the game on TV - awwwwwwwwwww how cute!! (we had CBC-TV set up with the "bunny ears" / coat hanger antenna contraption at the desk).

I'm really hoping Vancouver pulls through this one... I'd love to see them lock horns with the Senators and (a) keep Lord Stanley's cup in Canada and (b) sweep the series and send the Sens home crying.

Love, Scully

• Seven
    Seven

Hey Gopher,

Why do not people understand that the Wild is a very tenacious hockey team with great goaltending, with the best coach in the league (Jacques Lemaire), and with just enough firepower to win?

Oh, we won't give in,let's go living in the past.-

Jethro Tull

They can't see it. I guess it's easier for the inhabitants of Never Never Land to believe it's all a fluke than accept the fact that their teams loaded with future hall of famers didn't have the guts or the heart to get the job done.

Jacques Lemaire is god. Go Wild!!!!

Scully,

(a) keep Lord Stanley's cup in Canada...

Let's see it's been such a very, very loooooooong time. 1993 eh?
  • Gopher
    Gopher

Hey seven -- thanks for this:

Jacques Lemaire is god. Go Wild!!!!

THE WILD ARE GOING TO GAME SEVEN in Vancouver tomorrow (Thursday) night.

The Vancouver Canucks came out flying in the first period, outshooting the Wild 12-4, shooting everything including the kitchen sink at Wild goaltender Duane Roloson. And the score after 1 period? zero - zero !

The Wild's "rope-a-dope" tactics worked as they took a 2-0 lead after 2, and won 5 to 1.

Vancouver has ZERO momentum going into game 7 tomorrow, having been outscored 12-3 in the last 2 games even though the Canucks' offensive talent ON PAPER outweighs that of the Wild.

Canuck goaltender Dan Cloutier probably cannot wait to get out of St. Paul, Minnesota. Giving up 5 goals on about 23 shots? What's it like to have 19,350 fans yelling "sieve, sieve, sieve" when you let yet another goal get past?

Todd Bertuzzi (that loudmouth Canuck player) said after the Canucks won game 4 that there wouldn't be a game 6!! The Canucks shouldn't have been looking past the Wild. All this talk about an all-Canadien Stanley Cup final is putting the cart before the horse. (I believe the Wild have their full attention now, as well as the attention of all NHL fans.)

I cannot wait to see what game 7 holds. Goaltending will make the difference!

No team in NHL playoff history has EVER come back from two 3-1 series deficits in the same playoff season. The Wild came back from 3-1 down on Colorado, and were behind 3 games to 1 in this current (Vancouver) series and are on the verge of making history.

GO WILD !!!

• Seven
    Seven

Hey fans,

Take a walk on the WILD side! Excellent summary Gopher! I'm going to be sure and schedule a nap for tomorrow in case of OT but I don't think it's going to be necessary. The wheels have all fallen off the Cloutier wagon.

Marian Gaborik is without a doubt the best player in the league right now. OMG what a sight to behold when he's wheelin' and dealin'. It's mesmerizing! You must know where he's at on the ice at all times. He's the second coming of Mario and the Wild's got him!

This team is firing on all cylinders and it's going to be a spectacular game 7. Rolo will have to withstand another first period onslaught but "none shall pass!" GO WILD!!!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Re the Wild.

May have to eat crow on that one. Still have to pull for the Canucks, though, Canadian pride and all. But I have to agree with you Gopher, Vancouver looks like they've run out of steam and Minnesota has gotten their 2nd or 3rd wind.

CJ and I are going to the theatre tonight, to see a stage production of " The 12 Angry Jurors ". Do you think anyone would mind if I wore my Canucks jersey and cap to the play ?

Sure hope the play ends by 10:00 pm !

Scully. Sure looks like Alfredsson, may be in the maternity ward, rather than at the Coliseum. Do you think there is any pressure to have the baby pre-game or post game ? It wouldn't surprise me if Senator's management have added the phrases " inducement ", " breaking the water ", and " intravenous drip " to their vocabulary.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Wow. THE MINNESOTA WILD ARE GOING TO THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS !!!

The goaltending DID make the difference. The Vancouver Canucks tried to throw the Wild's conservative tactics at them, and it did work for a while, as the Canucks took a 2-0 lead. Things looked great for the Vancouverites. Then the Wild got one past Cloutier before the 2nd period ended, making it 2-1.

Then the opportunistic Wild team scored three unanswered goals in the third period and THEY WIN IT 4-2. They are going to the conference finals in just their third year of existence. They are THE Cinderella story of this year's NHL playoffs.

This playoff run is no fluke. Jacque Lemaire's coaching staff has been preaching a defensive, opportunistic style of play for 3 years. It is paying off big time now.

YEAH BABY!!! UN-be-lievable!!!

Bring on the Anaheim Mighty Ducks!

• Seven
    Seven

WILD!! WILD!! WILD!!

Gopher,

Congrats to you and all Minnesota fans!!! The Wild made history tonight!

HOME ICE!!!!

Ducks beware! It's going to be an exciting series.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Thanks Seven!!

The conference finals start on Saturday.

Eastern Conference -- New Jersey Devils vs. Ottawa Senators

Western Conference -- Minnesota Wild vs. Anaheim Mighty Ducks

Interesting thing is that out east, it's the #1 seed vs. the #2 seed, while here in the Western conference it is the #6 seed versus the #7 seed. There is no Dallas, no Detroit, no Colorado, and now no Vancouver.

SCARY PARALLEL -- The 2002 American League championship was the Minnesota Twins vs. the Anaheim Angels -- yes, another Minnesota-Anaheim semifinal!! Anaheim won 4 games to 1. Will the Mighty Ducks repeat the Angel's surprising feat?

SCARY HISTORY -- Anaheim and Minnesota (in hockey) tied their season series 2 games each. The 2 wins for Anaheim were 1-0 shutouts with Giguere in goal. The Wild have got to figure out a way to beat that guy, or Anaheim will advance to the Stanley Cup finals.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Congrats to the Wild............and their rabid fans............Gopher included.

Saturday should be a good day for Hockey

Predictions anyone ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit