Christmas as a JW child

by Phoebe 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

My heart goes out to all of you. For us born-ins and those who came in as children was subjected to a living hell. I have nothing else to say to all your experiences. Been there done that feelings. The fact is we all went through some form of religious persecution at school in various degrees. Here's what upsets me the most when we were children we had to go through it but are parent's didn't. If you was like me when telling my story to others in the Borg I was always told it will make you a better person.

So there you go according to many in the cult abuse makes you a stronger and better person. Sick! Still Totally ADD

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Phoebe....and others..... I recognize the scene entirely, the emptiness , the feeling of being an outsider and living as an alien in society . I hated the questions afterward from well meaning grown-ups "What did YOU get for Christmas? " .... i mean what does a kid say?

I never wanted a lavish holiday, just a feeling of being a part of something... then I remembered it was "pagan" (shudder!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit