What Do The Americans, Canadians And Australians Think Of The British?

by Englishman 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Tell us, please, we wanna know!

Also can you get your head around the The British Isles, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and just plain ole England?

(With apologies to Minimus)

Englishman.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I think the English are wonderful

can't wait to see you guys in less than 3 weeks.

edited to add----- but Im also a quite a bit biased

• logansrun
    logansrun

I've been to England and I loved every minute of it. I think there are nothing but subtle differences between the British and us Americans. Some thing you do are quirky (like the whole "royalty" thing, I can't for the life of me understand!) and vice versa. Over all, I have to admit that Americans are probably among the dumbest people in the civilized world. Just look at our news and entertainment -- hell, it's hard to distinguish one from the other! Oh well.

Bradley (if you are American as I am, the comments above do not apply to you but to everyone else )

• JH
    JH

When I think of British people, I think of Matty, Simon, Englishman, people who are friendly and act like gentlemens.

It's funny though, on TV, what I remeber about England is the hooligans at the soccer (football) games causing trouble.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I think most brits are great. My sis lived in England for about 10 years, and she said most are nice, but depending on what area you are in, some are a bit snotty. The thing I like best about brits is their quirky sense of humour. They have a much better sense of humour than Americans.

When I was 17 I went on a cruise with my grandparents. Almost everyone there were elderly people, so I hung around with the guys in the bands.They were all English, and really cool. They couldn't believe I was American, because they said they had never met an American with a sarcastic sense of humour!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think the Brits are just fine, as I think people from many areas of the world are good people.

I have a problem with someone only if their attitude sucks, if they are a jerk etc. If their charactor is good, I don't care where they come from.

• blondie
    blondie

Our next door neighbors were from England. We visited their parents near Windsor one year. It was great. We were pampered. I got to see where the Queen lives and other standard sights but I loved the countryside the most. I loved the pubs. Many people in the US realize the special bond we have with the British because of shared history and language.

Blondie (Hooray to the British who gave us Benny Hill and Monty Python and Dr. Who)

• manon
    manon

Not many British people around my neck of the woods don't know any personally but If the British people are a reflection of those who are on this board I like them just fine. That includes Australians & Canadians, African and every other nationality I forgot to mention on this xjw board/forum.

Manon born in the USA

• Francois
    Francois

I think the Brits and others you've named are finer than frog hair. If I could live anywhere I wanted and had unlimited cash, I think I'd live in Oz for a while. Then I'd live in the Sceptered Isle for awhile.

This attitude may be influenced by the fact that most of my ancestors came from England; The Isle of Wight, The Isle of Gurnsey, and I think somewhere in the Dales too.

I love the understated Brit sense of humor and I think their idea of spanking your lover is pretty cute, too. I do think they need to run in some foreign genes as it seems that they are getting just a little too inbred for comfort. I mean look at Bonnie Prince Charlie. Not exactly Sean Connery, is he? And those ping-pong paddle ears, what's that all about? And Camilla Parker Bowles? Christ on a platter, in a beauty contest between she and Seabiscuit, I think the horse would win.

They do put up a pretty good beer. Not so good as the Aass brewery in Norway, but good. And the Scots whiskey. Well. Just can't be beat, can it?

francois

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

John Cleeselike, repressed, mother fixated and guilt riddled. Thats the English. Naughty little schoolboys giggling about "poo" and "wee".

And I should know...Im english.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit