Moral responsibility.

by nicolaou 168 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I didn't dismiss your response. But you never responded when I challenged your assumption

I answered that on page 10.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just because some moral issues are more controversial and open to argument doesn't mean that they all are.

I asked about the morality of needlessly allowing a child to die and all you've done is look for a way to justify that death.

So much for Christian morality.

• cofty
    cofty

SB - You have been asking repeatedly about where morality comes from without god, you answer it and you ignore it and post a link.

You are not somebody to be taken seriously.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

going back to the opening post---

in the 2000s till 2015 i was a volunteer at the local heritage steam railway.

As the steam railway played host to 1000's of visiting children every year ( familes, school parties, special events including santa claus ), all members of staff had to undergo a police check (DBS) as we were in close proximity to children. We were specifically instructed NOT to touch the children.

I often wondered what would happen in such an emergency as post # 1

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I often wondered what would happen in such an emergency as post # 1

You ignore your instructions and do the right thing.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    If my actions cause harm to other people, creatures or the planet they are 'wrong'. If they benefit others they are 'good'.
    See how easy that is?

Nicolau

Your answer presupposses that you know what "harmful" or "good" to others is. Why would a chemical accident assume to know this for himself, much less others?

I asked how you know if a moral rule is doing either harm or good? This the formost issue some nations are facing right now.

God says it is the parents responsibility to read God's word to their children daily.

Men with deviant sexual preferences want to educate our children to 'free" them.

Can't you see the inherent arbitrairiness in the atheist worldview? It makes no sense. ANY morality not rooted in the character of God is inconsistent, arbritray and ultimately meaningless.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Your answer presupposses that you know what harmful or good to others is

I know that allowing a child to fall under a train is harmful. You keep throwing the insult of chemical accident around but this chemical accident clearly has more compassion than a self declared creation of God.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

We all know you have compassion Nicolaou. This is not the question. The question is how did you get it?

Animals don't care if another animal runs off a cliff. In your world view, that's a good thing, right? We're just animals right?

If one animal runs off a cliff, doesn't that allow more food for those that don't? Doesn't that increase the gene pool of those that don't run off cliffs?

The simple fact is that you know that child headed for the train has intrinsic value because he is made in the image of God and is your neighbor. You know that you are obligated to save that child because God is a savior God. You know the Christian God in your heart of hearts.

You can deny God because God gave you the ability to do so. But you cannot escape the reason, compassion and love of God no matter how much you hate him, because his attributes are part of you.

• cofty
    cofty

Telling people what they 'know' when they clearly believe no such thing is an especially obnoxious trait of presuppossionalists.

• cofty
    cofty

Sea Breeze - Is it always wrong to murder children en masse?

Is kidnap and rape always wrong?

Is it always wrong to own another human being as chattel?

We can say yes because there are no circumstances where doing such things promotes the flourishing of conscious creatures and morality is ultimately nothing more than the choices we make in our interactions with others.

You have a problem if you say yes don't you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit