Witnesses Don't Believe the Organization Makes Mistakes

by metatron 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

Some defenders of the Watchtower claim that Witnesses acknowledge that the organization is imperfect and makes

mistakes.

Wrong. They actually believe the organization NEVER makes mistakes!

If you think this is illogical, please consider that no logic ever prevents a Witness from being like the White Queen in

Alice in Wonderland who "believed as many as 6 impossible things before breakfast".

Example: Tell a Witness "Boy, the old men at headquarters really screwed up on the 1975 thing"

Reaction? "That was a test by Jehovah --- that weeded out self centered people who were only serving for the wrong reasons"

You see? It wasn't a mistake at all! Once you allow the Watchtower TO ARROGANTLY PLACE ITSELF ABOVE WHAT THE BIBLE

REALLY SAYS - you can rationalize this way. All that stuff Jesus said about stumbling people and getting a millstone

around the neck DOESN'T APPLY TO THEM!

Another example: "Wow, look at all this evidence that Sister So-and-So was treated wrongly by the elders. They clearly lied,

covered up and wrongly disfellowshipped her"

Answer: "If she was really loyal, she would seek reinstatement anyway"

You see! NO MISTAKES ARE EVER MADE! The organization is perfect! The Watchtower deceptively encourages this arrogant

unapologetic view by NEVER ADMITTING THEY EVER MAKE MISTAKES and NEVER APOLOGIZING for anything. They simply

'adjust' viewpoints, feel 'disappointment' over false expectations, or blame problems on individuals.

So, the next time you hear an 'apostate' claim that Witnesses see their hierarchy DIRECTED by God and speaking for God,

consider the above as proof that they are correct---- in a practical, functional manner.

metatron

• freedom96
    freedom96

True, the average witness if confronted with disturbing issues within the congregation, or even at Bethel, will make excuses and justify it all.

They have to though, as they don't know anything else. The prospect that something might be wrong terrifies them to the point of putting their head in the sand, and will accept any justification to continue believing what they do. It is much easier that way.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I agree metatron, and yes, they don't ever apologize or acknowledge error. The blame is always on the individual, never the elders or the .Org.

An excellent example, mentioned many times here, is that of the changed "Generation" teaching. "Jehovah's people" were blamed for speculating.

Freedom96 makes a good point - the average jw cannot bear to think that the leadership makes mistakes.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    the average jw cannot bear to think that the leadership makes mistakes.

I that is the crux of it.....they have invested so much time and love into a failing org. that they will defend it to the last....in their hearts, they feel that the failure of their religion is their own failure, and for some of the witnesses who invested a lot time, the thought of religous failure is unbearable, hence the ignorance.

ash

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    ..... in their hearts, they feel that the failure of their religion is their own failure, and for some of the witnesses who invested a lot time, the thought of religous failure is unbearable, hence the ignorance.

That's a very good way to look at many situations, especially after you have demonstrated to a JW that the boys from Brooklyn have been up to no good.

hawk

• shamus
    shamus

Excellent Thread!

At first, I was going to say "hey wait a minute.... we always admited that we made mistakes...", but that only applied to scriptures when they changed their minds. It had nothing to do with the injustices that occured in the congregational / judicial level. It is really disgusting how they can say that about people who were wrongly disfellowshipped - disgusting is really how it should be put. Shame on them!

• willy_think
    willy_think

To publicly state that the WT is wrong, mistaken or in any way incorrect is a DFing affiance in and of itself.

In a round about way a witness can admit the org. makes mistakes but if the witness should say the org has made a mistake on any contemporary subject, he's called to the carpet and we all know how that ends if he doesn't back down fast.

• metatron
    metatron

When I was a young man, a householder showed me a tract that had a cartoon of a Witness telling a Bible Study

"Our teachings supercede the Bible"

Now that I look back at it, although no Witness would ever say such a thing, that's really true.

Bible principles and commands don't apply to the Watchtower leadership, they're above all that collectively.

As the 'faithful and discreet slave, they can pronounce themselves blessed and favored of God

and teach that they, in effect, are error-free. If you get stumbled away from 'true religion', that's none of their

fault --- because they say so.

metatron

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

You know reading this thread makes me think of the remake of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" with Donald Sutherland and Jeff Goldblum in 1978. The reason why is that, in the movie, whenever someone acted out of the norm the pod people would know that person was not "of the body". They would point a finger and open their mouth in this bizarre and creepy screech to point out the impure person who needed reconditioning.

That's kind of what I feel the Witnesses do when legitmate, hard hitting questions start flying. They'll look at you in that questioning way and you can almost hear them make that haunting little screech as if to say "We've got one who can see."

• hippikon
    hippikon

Frustrating isn’t it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit