1914 Dropped

by pale.emperor 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005
    "True to Bible prophecy, this world’s “conclusion” began in 1914 and was marked by the outbreak of the first world war." THe Watchtower, Jan 1, 2000, p. 8, par. 10

Thanks for that, Petra.

Here, Watchtower makes it sound like they predicted WWI to happen in 1914.
    They never did. Isn't it strange that of the 24 happenings they predicted for 1914, World War I (The Great War) was not one of them.

Thanks to internet search technology, Watchtower can no longer hide from what they said (or didn't say).

In electronically scouring of all WT Publications prior to 1914, which prophetically cite 1914 and what would happen on or before that "special" date, there is absolutely no mention of a war, much less "the Great War", beginning in 1914. There were, however, 24 other prophecies WT pages made concerning 1914 and, of course, they all failed to materialize.
    You may check out those citations for yourself at the following link."The 24 Prophetic Failures of Watchtower’s Most Heralded Date, 1914"https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mh0MaBvejUwEU9uh3YCI8lH8M1zCKP1K/view?usp=sharing

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

JWs theology is riddled with bullshit (1914) which isn't surprising since its foundation got started from pyramidology.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I highly doubt it will ever be dropped but as we saw in the overlapping generation I would bet that they make it more about Jesus taking charge and less about being a stop watch staring point. Eventually it will be the date Jesus took control of things and less about it being a time line.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

While it's all non-sense, 1914 is important because it is calculated from the (incorrect) 607 BCE date for the fall of Jerusalem, which ultimately gets them to the most important year, 1919, with the appointment of the Faithful Slave/Governing Body. Their self-proclaimed authority is dependent on this incredibly weak thread.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Yes that's important UR, the WTS/JWog doesn't want people to think why would Jesus select false prophet apostates as his Faithful Anointed Slave (1919) .

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

When you want to manipulate and control people you have to be cunningly strategic in your endeavor.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Eventually it will be the date Jesus took control of things and less about it being a time line."

That is exactly what it is . They say in1914 the Kingom was born, and the "Time of the end began" . Christ began his "presence ". The expulsion of Satan was an after event

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

1914 will be the date that Jesus’ coronation ceremony began, which will last until who the hell knows, and then the end will come..

DD 🤪

• waton
    waton
    1914 will be the date that Jesus’ coronation ceremony began, DD:

and the start of the "anointed" the "bride", to also becoming the generation that will not pass away, and overlap in 2 groups.

wt has the story wrong here , not because 2 centenarians like F. Franz, overlapping by 20 years will get us to 2075, but

if all the "anointed" will not pass away until all has happened,

they might make it to the post-Armageddon "wedding" alright, but miss their reserved place in the army of 144 001 immortals, killing all the babies, apostates and all those that did not subscribe to The Awake & Watchtower, or Jw.Org.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

Oddly, this is something I realized before I was even baptized, but it still didn't hold me back... yes, I'm apparently a complete moron.

Even the WT literature, if you look deeply enough, acknowledges that satan was cast out DURING WWII, not before, and yet still pushes the claim that satan's casting out was what CAUSED WWII. it's one of those "mysteries" that they never explain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit