Is There Concrete Evidence That The Org. Has Covered up Child Abuse?

by Vanderhoven7 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    I guess what I was trying to say is that I don't know why they don't adopt a policy like that. I mean, it gives them a lot of reputational points. Just come out and say "Predators are everywhere. No religion condones this stuff, and we belive its not a reflection of the religion when a predator tries to find a spot to prey on innocent people. But we won't tolerate it."

If they were to adopt that policy, then they wouldn't be able to appoint child abusers anymore. When they appoint child abusers, they are showing that they do condone child abuse. Their current policy is to appoint child abusers, so they can't say "no religion condones that stuff" because they do tolerate it, and even reward it to some extent, as long as it's on the down-low where no one can see. If a child abuser is willing to show worshipful honor to the elders and the Bethel headquarters people, then they can get rewarded with a position in the organization. It doesn't matter what kind of abuser they are. They can move to another circuit where they are not known as an abuser and be promoted.

2012 Letter to elders telling them that Bethel does not consider every child abuser to be a predator or a "known molester", and then a child abuser can be appointed as long as a lot of people locally don't know about it...

https://files.accessjw.org/s/DC9wK9kZ7DSNJNQ

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Right, but that goes to the heart of this thread.

You are saying they WANT to have molesters among them, and even appointed. That would mean they aren't motivated by the organization having a good public image.

Officially, there isn't a "we love molesters" position. It's officially quite the opposite. They officially abhor child molestation. If you went up to the average elder, and said, is it good to molest children, you honestly belive he would say, "Meh. Whatever. "?

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Pre Feb.1974 was not good for victims, even today, lots of room for improvement.

Confidential correspondence should be retained for at least five years.

Didn't most abusers move from their congregation after getting caught?

'Judicial matters: Confidential correspondence dealing with serious judicial matters should be kept in a safe place, accessible only to elders. It should be retained for at least five years from the date a case is handled to its completion, or longer if the elders deem it advisable in certain cases.'

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/201974050

• Newly Enlightened
  • Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Also, the Penkava/Scott trial in Illinois. The Elders were CONVICTED of hiding it & covering it up for years.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

EP

Thanks for the links EP appreciate these sources.

I’ve noticed that on the Montana cases you linked, the Defendants were relatives. Really horrible and disturbing stuff to read. Unimaginable abuse, assuming it is true. Because WT has deep pockets and the victims can collect from them. Minus WT in the equation, the relatives would still have abused their innocent kids.

Courts don’t adjudicate feelings or morality or good and bad such as when “doctors” with the permission of the mother have gruesomely un-alived legally as a child is being born but partially inside the mother for example. I’ve seen medical books on this that haunts me till this day. How about liability of government agencies having knowledge that children are being harmed or were harmed in the past with drug and tobacco use in the home or an environment that damages the welfare of a child such as corrupting conduct of the parents or too something physical like lead paint in gov owned housing for example . Shouldn’t there also be a tolling of the statute of limitations to hold liable people responsible for protecting children?

The legal issue involving wt in all objectivity is wt liability in any failure to protect children when legally required to do so. Seems to me.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread with special thanks to EasyPrompt. So much relevant information was provided and used.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

"I’ve noticed that on the Montana cases you linked, the Defendants were relatives. Really horrible and disturbing stuff to read. Unimaginable abuse, assuming it is true. Because WT has deep pockets and the victims can collect from them. Minus WT in the equation, the relatives would still have abused their innocent kids.

Courts don’t adjudicate feelings or morality or good and bad such as when “doctors” with the permission of the mother have gruesomely un-alived legally as a child is being born but partially inside the mother for example. I’ve seen medical books on this that haunts me till this day. How about liability of government agencies having knowledge that children are being harmed or were harmed in the past with drug and tobacco use in the home or an environment that damages the welfare of a child such as corrupting conduct of the parents or too something physical like lead paint in gov owned housing for example . Shouldn’t there also be a tolling of the statute of limitations to hold liable people responsible for protecting children?

The legal issue involving wt in all objectivity is wt liability in any failure to protect children when legally required to do so. Seems to me."

Ah, @Fisherman, you are perhaps referring to the Caekaert case? (There are other Montana cases, but I didn't link those ones in this thread yet.)

If the WTBT$ wasn't guilty of complicity, then why were they trying to avoid discovery as regards the relationship between the Watch Tower of New York and the Watch Tower of Pennsylvania or the way the organization worked in prior years? What were they trying to hide? What were they afraid of revealing?

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.mtd.63559/gov.uscourts.mtd.63559.47.0.pdf

They are guilty of complicity in hiding child sexual abuse. That is why they continue to hide behind the Legal Department.

When C.T. Russell was guilty of abuse, his legal counsel said the same thing, that Maria wanted money. Russell showed his true colors by the unscriptural way he treated his wife, and so have the WTBT$. The entire organization is founded on fraud and hypocrisy and hiding abuse. That is why they avoided discovery. Because they are guilty.

Regardless of the abuse details in the Caekaert case, what was the response of the men in the organization who claim to be "exemplary shepherds"? Did they try to comfort the victim? How about Jesus' direction at Matthew 5:40 "And if a person wants to take you to court and get possession of your inner garment, let him also have your outer garment"? How did these men react?

Declaration of Allen Shuster:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.mtd.63559/gov.uscourts.mtd.63559.160.1.pdf

Declaration of Gary Breaux:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.mtd.63559/gov.uscourts.mtd.63559.160.2.pdf

Declaration of Gene Smalley:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.mtd.63559/gov.uscourts.mtd.63559.160.3.pdf

Like cowards. They basically said "we don't know anything about anything". They lied. They know exactly how the congregations are run. They know about all the letters to the elders and the manuals and the Service Department. They know. They were elders in congregations all those years. They know. They could have come clean but instead they lied and showed that they care more about the image of a corrupt organization than about the Lord's little sheep. They are despicable wolves in sheep's covering. They are not shepherds. They are not witnesses of Jehovah, and He is sending His son to remove His Name from that corrupt organization forever. His little sheep will be comforted when that corrupt WTBT$ is destroyed. (Ezekiel chapter 34)

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Thank you, Vander, and all the other real shepherds and shepherdesses here who actually care about people and about truth and love. I think you're all awesome and I am so thankful for all you've done to help people (including me) all these years. Thank you!💖

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

@ Newly Enlightened.,,WOW!! OMG!!!

I didn't know about such a Penkava case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit