ANNOUNCEMENT

by COLLINS 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• COLLINS
    COLLINS

A WONDERFUL ANNOUNCEMENT TO MY FRIENDS IN THE FORUM. I AM NO LONGER ONE OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. IN THE MONTH OF MAY 2016 I WROTE MY RESIGNATION LETTER AND GAVE IT TO THE ELDERS IN MY CONGREGATION. LATER THREE ELDERS MET WITH ME AND I TOLD THEM WHAT MADE ME TO BE AWAKE. THE CHILD ABUSE TWO WITNESS RULE POLICY, SHUNNING, AND THE LACK OF REAL LOVE AMONG WITNESSES. I ALSO SHOWED THEM THE SECRET SHEPHERDING TEXTBOOK. THEY WERE VERY ANNOYED AND THEY ACCEPTED MY DECISION TO BE NO LONGER KNOWN AS ONE OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. ON THE 9TH OF JUNE 2016 IT WAS ANNOUNCED IN THE CONGREGATION THAT I AM NO LONGER ONE OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. I STILL LIVE WITH MY PARENTS AND I DID NOT INFORM THEM OF MY LETTER. WHEN MY PARENTS HEARD OF IT, THEY WERE VERY ANGRY WITH ME. MY DISFELLOWSHIPPED FATHER SAID THAT HE WILL REJECT ME. HE FORCED ME TO ATTEND THE NEXT SUNDAY'S MEETING THOUGH HE DID NOT ATTEND BECAUSE OF HIS HEALTH. I DID NOT ATTEND THE MEETING. I REPORTED MY CASE TO A POLICEMAN AND THE POLICEMAN TOLD ME TO GO TO THE NEAREST POLICE STATION. HE SAID THAT IF I GO THERE I WILL BE ADVISED ABOUT WHAT TO DO. I DID NOT GO TO THE STATION AS HE SAID. I AM VERY HAPPY THAT I AM FREE FROM RELIGION. I CONSIDER MYSELF AS AN ATHEIST. I LACK BELIEF IN GODS. THIS IS MY WONDERFUL ANNOUNCEMENT. I WILL NOW FACE SECULAR LIFE INSTEAD OF THE BULLSHIT SPEWED IN RELIGION.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Positive news! Live a good a prosperous life from now on. On a side note, why weren't you considerate to inform your parents about your DA before they heard it from the platform?

EdenOne

• Giordano
    Giordano

"MY DISFELLOWSHIPPED FATHER SAID THAT HE WILL REJECT ME. HE FORCED ME TO ATTEND THE NEXT SUNDAY'S MEETING THOUGH HE DID NOT ATTEND BECAUSE OF HIS HEALTH. I DID NOT ATTEND THE MEETING."

Apparently Dad wasn't disfellowshiped for non belief.

Eden why wasn't his parents considerate enough to allow this person a choice in becoming a JW it is evident from his father's reaction that once again it's his way or the highway.

Born-ins are expected to become JW's not asked but expected and then to live by whatever rules are current.

Of course I am just guessing.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I'm happy for you COLLINS.

• COLLINS
    COLLINS

On a side note, why weren't you considerate to inform your parents about your DA before they heard it from the platform?

THE REASON WHY I DID NOT INFORM MY PARENTS IS BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT ALLOW TO DECIDE FOR MYSELF. THEY ARE ABUSIVE PARENTS. THEY DID NOT ATTEND THE MEETING AT THE TIME IT WAS ANNOUNCED. THEY WERE IN THE HOSPITAL AS AT THAT TIME. I DID NOT EVEN ATTEND THE MEETING TOO. IT WAS A SISTER IN MY CONGREGATION THAT CALLED MY MOTHER ON PHONE AND INFORMED HER.

• MisterP
    MisterP

Well done, onwards and upwards

• elderINewton
    elderINewton

onwards and upwards COLLINS - may you find what you are truly looking for.

Congratulations on your freedom.

• millie210
    millie210

This was a big step and I am happy for you COLLINS!

• pbrow
    pbrow

Well played son. Keep trusting in yourself. You are making good decisions already!

pbrow

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am very happy for you that you have woken up and stood up for yourself.

I would advise you to try to be careful with your parents if you are still living at home and dependent on them for support. You could go to a homeless shelter (better to look for one that caters to young people) if things get too bad, but that is a hard road. It might be better to moderate your attitude around them for the time being. Be careful that in your rebellion against the religion that you don't make bad decisions. Yes the religion is wrong, but staying away from drugs and drinking too much is good advice no matter what, and decisions you make now can have repercussions for your whole life. Get an education if at all possible, that is one rebellion against the Watchtower that will never hurt you.

Your dad is just trying to do what he believes is right for you, so try to remember that. When my kids were your age I was still a JW and believed that it was the only true religion, so of course I wanted them to believe that too. I have since learned better and have apologized to them for raising them in a cult and they have forgiven me, maybe your dad will wake up someday too.

I wish you well and hope things work out for you.

Lisa🌹

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit