Attendances & Baptisms at Summer Conventions

by steve2 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

There have been very informative threads on presentations and audience reactions ("thrilled", "emotional") at this Summer's Regional Conventions (formerly District Conventions) but little on actual attendance numbers and numbers baptized.

Or could I be directed to current threads discussing these aspects - I searched but found nothing. Thanks in anticipation.

• bohm
    bohm

Can we make a google doc and perhaps share it on reddit? Macbeth something John cedars would be interested in

• Gayle
    Gayle
    Can only assume it's low numbers, since the WT is quiet about it.
  • steve2
    steve2

bohm I'm not familiar with reddit - but am willing to learn about it. :)

Yes, Gayle, the silence is intriguing.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It's difficult to stomach 3 straight days, so many families are splitting the Regional Conventions up. I did the same.

One RC had 8,500 in attendance with 45 baptized, mostly JW children. Another had 7,900 in attendance with 40 baptized...again many JW children.

8,500 in attendance at one is the equivalent of 85 congregations. 7,900 in attendance at the other RC is equivalent to 79 congregations according to one of the speakers. Between the two RCs there were 85 baptized. That is a .005 rate of baptized JWs.

So basically it took 2 whole congregations, with all their regular pioneers + auxiliary pioneers + rank and file publishers' door to door witnessing + all the cart witnessing + visits to the JW website to add 1 JW between them to their ranks.

Jehovah's Witnesses sure are lousy at using persuasion in their ministry! I would call the rate of ".005" pathetic!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well, as far as the baptisms go, if another crazy person jumps into the pool this year, I hope someone will post it.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks JW Gonebad. 👍🏻

• freddo
    freddo

@JW Gone ...

I make it closer to 0.5% - not a ".005" rate.

Still low mind. And your analogy of 2 congs or 200 publishers worth of ministry still stands.

But don't forget there are two other assemblies in the year so maybe 1.5% per annum is more accurate?

Less deaths at 1.0% and DF/DA at 0.5% and fade at 0.5% and they are losing 0.5% overall - certainly in the western world.

All figures, statistics and speculation - mine!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

JW Gonebad - So basically it took 2 whole congregations, with all their regular pioneers + auxiliary pioneers + rank and file publishers' door to door witnessing + all the cart witnessing + visits to the JW website to add 1 JW between them to their ranks.

...and even then it was their kids that got dunked. Little or nothing from outside the cult.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Just got back from the RC in Long Beach , California. Had to take my 89 year old mom. 7,400 in attendance on Saturday, 39 baptized. Percentage baptized is a whopping .52%. Get the hell out of the way, that (make believe) chariot is really moving fast!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit