Attendances & Baptisms at Summer Conventions

by steve2 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

They have been at a yearly rate of 1.4% to 1.5% for some time now; I agree that with df'd, da'd, deaths and faders they must be losing members.

So are they lying about growth?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Eyeuse2badub what was the general reaction to the videos? Happiness and warm feelings? Tears at the armageddon video? or just expressionless faces with lots of clapping?

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

eyeuse2badub:

I will be going to the one in long beach, Ca in August. Did you see any "apostates" outside the convention?. I must add I have been at that site for years and the attendance was on average 12K.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Gayle posted these figures on another thread:

Highlights from the Sunday program of the 2016 Spanish Regional Convention at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego
    https://www.reddit.com/user/timdrake1914 (thank you)
    Attendance for Sunday AM: 15902
    Baptized: 68 (.4%, especially low for Spanish Convention)
    Attendance for Sunday PM: 17184

Wow...just Wow! The Spanish congregations reproduced like rabbits at one time! If you divide 68 (baptized) by 17,184 (attendance) you get a .0039 rate or .39%. That is super low. So it basically takes 2 1/2 Spanish congregations to produce one convert. The Spanish brothers and sisters are even worse than their English counterparts at Cart Witnessing and Door to Door witnessing. Or maybe the Spanish community is just wising-up quicker than the English community to what a joke the WTBTS is!

Bottom line: Mother is not going to be too happy with baptismal rates this year! This might be the worst year in recent JW history when it comes to the effectiveness of the Jehovah's Witnesses door to door ministry....YAY!

Another take-away: The number of anointed is going up...the number of those getting baptized is going down....the number of those attending meetings is going even further down...double YAY!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Someone posted these numbers on reddit:

Aurora Colorado, attendance 2026 with 6 baptized---.0029! That's a sorry-ass number. Nothing for JWs to be proud of.

• Gayle
    Gayle

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/city-of-richmond/article_8dec9e79-b243-5265-80ee-fee138922f80.html

.6% of attendance. A little higher there than some other conventions but still not so impressive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit