"Fine Witness" diluted in latest experience

by neat blue dog 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    NBD - They explained that as Jehovah’s Witnesses,

Normal people don't need to qualify their behaviour; they just act like decent people.

That they had to bring the Jobos into it, makes it seem like they're admitting they would have nicked the lot if they weren't Jobos. Basically, they're admitting they're arse-holes but the laws of Joboism rules them like a North Korean dictatorship.

My guess is that this is yet another made up load of bo11ox from the fiction makers that toady to the GovBod (piss be upon them).

As you say, we've read all this fiction before and it's getting tired.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NEAT BLUE DOG:

Whether this story of an honest JW is made up or is partly true, everybody is forgetting one thing..

That thing I’m referring to is...those JWs who defraud their brothers in the kingdom hall and expect to get away with it. This is one of the religion’s dirty secrets..JWs expect to not be taken to court no matter what they do..I had hardly any dealings with these people because they were notorious for being unreliable and unaccountable.

So, I’m not impressed when I hear a Witness returned somebody’s wallet intact and blew a trumpet about it..I’d like to know how honorable they are with their dealings with their so-called brothers!

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Did the guy contact the borg and tell them? Did the borg track him down and ask him what changes he had made in his life since this life altering contact with JWs?

Winston,

The answer to your questions is mentioned in the text on jw.org (not picked up in the original post):

Some months later, Danielle’s father was again in contact with the man, who related what happened to him a short time before when he found a lost purse.

• dozy
    dozy

Yes - isn't their a scripture about not "blowing ones own trumpet"? Seems the Society aren't aware of it.

I have a friend who is a clerk working in the local police station. They are always getting lost items handed in to them - cellphones , wallets , keys etc - on a daily basis. Also the local Facebook group constantly have posts from people who have found debit cards , phones etc.

And I agree with the previous poster -when it comes to basic honesty , I lost count of the number of times I was ripped off by JWs. I rented out an apartment to one for three months - they never paid a penny in rent , left a stack of unpaid utility bills and trashed the flat until I virtually had to change the locks and kick them out. A JW businessman in a neighbouring congregation always used to tell me that he had one golden rule - never employ or have any business dealings with JWs.

• tiki
    tiki

These tales used to annoy me to the nth degree....so if you weren't a dub you'd be a crook is what they're saying.

When I was very young I had a part time job in a department store...they had hired another girl who was a witness I did not personally know. Well boss comes to me asking about her because they had ample proof that she stashed a bag of clothes and made off with it ...she got canned for the theft. So...being a witness does not equate with honesty in reality.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tiki. This reminds me of a well connected Jobo-ess that I knew personally. She was caught stealing money from vulnerable old people in a nursing home.

Due to her family all being Elders and in 'the clique' it was never mentioned. She was never taken in the back room or given a reproof. It didn't go to court sadly.

Yes. Just being a Jobo means nothing.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Waiiiiiiiit! Where is Andre ? Has he been replaced by Danielle now, I wonder!

Grandmothers tales! (no offence ladies)

Zing

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith
    Winston,
    The answer to your questions is mentioned in the text on jw.org (not picked up in the original post):
    Some months later, Danielle’s father was again in contact with the man, who related what happened to him a short time before when he found a lost purse.

Ahaa, that makes more sense! Was his name Andre?

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara: Where is Andre?

Ha ha I just made this reference too!

Related image

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

I'm kinda of missing Andre myself. Hope he and his brother are well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit