How are midweek CLAM meetings solid spiritual food in ANY way?

by Isambard Crater 20 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How are midweek CLAM meetings solid spiritual food in ANY way?

The bit that makes my heart sink and to feel physically nauseous is the trio of demonstrations. This month, we've endured the silhouette video of memorial invitations, then this week it's about how to offer, guess what, the memorial invitations. Next week, you'd never guess, it's about how to offer memorial invitations. Most publishers in my congregation have been offering them for the last week, so do we really need constant simpleton demonstrations?

WBT$/JW Meetings are poorly disguised, WBT$ Sales Meetings..

WBT$/JW Meetings are about, how to sell WBT$ Product..

We Need To Sell More WBT$ Bullshit!!

SELL...SELL...SELL..PEOPLE!!

Image result for Sales meeting

• blondie
    blondie

The CLAM is set up to eliminate any contamination by local elders inserting their personal ideas and making it easier for the rank and file just to parrot what is already been put in print or in a video.

No thinking is necessary any more fo r anyone.

No longer "the bible says" but "the Governing Body says"

In one more generation of using I-pads or equivalent, jws will not be able to find scriptures in a hard copy of their bible.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

We are remembering that a CULT is not interested in any opinion other than the Cult Leader's - right?

• jwnevergiveup
    jwnevergiveup

I have been out a while. What does CLAM stands for?

• blondie
    blondie

It replaces the school and service meeting.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/jw-meeting-workbook/

This replaces the KM

Our Christian Life and Ministry

• jwnevergiveup
    jwnevergiveup

Thanks blondie. I didn't get the acronym. I know they even have the sample meeting before it went LIVE.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

My fade (september 2015) went so fast that I never got to visit even one CLAM.

For once, I still would like so see and hear what boring sh#t I'm missing. It probably would make me feel better to experience another confirmation that leaving the Borg was the right thing to do.

• steve2
    steve2

Interesting to see the reduced midweek attendance (40 out of 80). This speaks volumes about the quality and content of meetings.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Redpilltwice, I agree!

I said to my wife that purely out of curiosity, I would love to sit through one of these meetings! It would surely confirm that we did the right thing by leaving!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"Instead of wasting my time at a CLAM meeting I'd rather be helping the homeless or doing real 'good'."

so why arnt you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit