Hands up those who don't give a rats arse about religion / spirituality.

by Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice. 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Gollum
    Gollum

Short answer: Currently could care less about either right now.

Long answer: At the moment, I am so burned out on both that I don't think my brain could handle any new infection. My immune system for these sorts of beliefs is on high alert at the moment.

Now, having said that, I could sort of imagine looking into some spirtual topics in a few years, probably more eastern in flavor than Judeo/Christian. The rational part of my brain would try to prevent it, but I find the rational part of my brain (as I suspect is true with many people) is a thin layer sitting on top of a deep, dark cesspool of irrational fears and believes.

On the topic of religion, never again. Though I will say there seems to be a strong need for people to belong to something bigger than themselves. I think adherence to a cause(for those on the left,mostly), and certainly the nationalistic fervor (for those on the right, mostly) that we see so many people adopting is a form of religion. And I sometimes wish they would go back to religion, instead of worshipping the state. At least there was the possibility of some counterbalance and tension between the church and the state. When you combine the two, you end up with people doing terrible things to other people for all the right reasons.

• Jade
    Jade

*****Waving both hands at Juice******

Jade

• Carmel
    Carmel

Once one can distinguish the difference between the baby and the bathwater, it ain't so hard to re-establish oneself in the universe. Takes time and HONEST reflection.

carmel

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I will never be a part of another religion for as long as I live but, I consider myself spiritual. I believe in God, but not religion.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Azalo said:

Religion, IMO, was an invention designed to keep the masses in check and it has worked beautifully dont you think.

You read my mind!

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I don't give a rats arse about religion and I don't believe in a supreme being, but I am in agreemnt with what JamesThomas said about spiritualtiy:

Spirituality, on the other hand (in the way I am using it here), is about discovering what/who we truly are.

and with what Aztec said about spirituallity in daily life.

I call myself a spiritual atheist.

• greven
    greven

**solemny raises hands**

However from a historical point of view it IS interesting to see how man has progressed through time searching for something that cannot be found.

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit