Hands up those who don't give a rats arse about religion / spirituality.

by Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice. 36 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'm religiously burned out, after nearly three decades of meetings, service...you know the drill.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

YUP - BIG HAND UP HERE !!!!

I believe there is something but it certainly aint Jah ! and his "Loving" organisation !

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

My hands are raised

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Me. I came to this place for healing after being in the JW's. Now it seems that I'm being preached at by other religious groups. It's not helping anymore. They can be so judgemental

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

logansrun,

I know we have diverged from the original concept of this topic. Only speculation is involved as to whether the existence of so-called 'alien life-forms' could offer any solution to mankind's problems.

But what we do know with certainty is that life does exist on the planet we call Earth. Could it not be reasonable to consider that, since we have irrefutable evidence of own own existence, that we could rightly speculate that other planets could support life - whether it came to be on such planet through an evolutionary process or because of the 'purpose' of a 'Creator'?

That's just my opinion, but, in conclusion, referring back to the topic subject - WHO CARES?

cheeses (oh, another point - make sure you get the spelling right)

• logansrun
    logansrun

Cheeses,

haha! I guess it was a Freudian slip. "Cheesus" like "Jesus." My bad.

Bradley

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Cheese, I feel you've lumped a lot of stuff together there, that may not really be related at all -- though indeed the majority of people may pile them together too. Personally I do not equate "religion" with "spirituality". Religion is something you acquire, learn and practice. It changes as time goes on as it is mainly beliefs, ideas and concepts which are mental and temporal, drifting with the winds of change. One day we may practice and act Jehovah's Witness. Then months or years later we may act or play the role of atheist. Perhaps one day we may find ourselves thinking and acting out the movements of Buddhism. Religion is something you do. Kinda like a verb. Spirituality, on the other hand (in the way I am using it here), is about discovering what/who we truly are. Not something we earn, or acquire, or practice. It requires first-hand scientific investigation within ourselves to discover truths about our own being that we may have missed due to years of attention and focus on mental beliefs, concept and practices (such as religion). Is there a deeper identity than the one written about in autobiographies? Is there a deeper and more significant truth of being than the one we believe ourselves to be? Who am I really? No one can answer this for us. But we can if we hunger to know, dive deep within to observe and rediscover an identity unquestionably, undeniably and unequivocally more real and meaningful than who we believe ourselves to be. But once found we can not hold it our hand and show it to someone. We can only point to them and say "look there". Religions can not give us what we truly already are. It can only fill us with dogma, beliefs and ideas which hide us from ourselves and separate us from each other. JamesT

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Raising hand also.

Religion is merely another mechanism to advance the perceived self-interest of its promoters and practioners. Spirituality is that comforting feeling that results from indulging in the delusion that there is a higher power or purpose.

Expatbrit

• riz
    riz

I don't give a rat's ass about religion or spirituality either.

• Aztec
    Aztec

As far as religion goes, I'm with you 110%!!! Spirituality is something that is relativly lacking in religion. I see the two as mutually exclusive. I'm not into the new age spirituality or searching through nature for answers, although, I can be moved by nature as much as anyone. I tend to feel very spiritual after looking at aesthetically pleasing art or listening to moving music...or after a good long orgasm. :p I find spirituality in everyday life. Cheers! ~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit