How Many of You Have Put the WTBTS in Your Will?

by SillyPutty 16 Replies latest jw friends

• SillyPutty
    SillyPutty

It seems like every Service Meeting they are suggesting we give toward one thing or another. Even printed in several of the Watchtowers or Awakes that it would be OK to leave all our belongings to the Society in our Will. What next?? We can't give blood, but they sure are asking for it. Before leaving, did any of you put the Society in your Will?

• JH
    JH

I would never leave one dime to the Watchtower org. I would rather give it all to my cat.

Money belongs to the family first.

Tell me, If you owe lots of money when you die, will the society take care of that?

What happens if you put the Watchtower Society on your will and you pass away with huge debts, will the society be forced to pay them because they accepted your will?

• shamus
    shamus

Never. I never believed in it. They never, EVER pressured us when I was in - but lots did.

To answer your question, once your dead, your debt is wiped out. Even if you are in the hole like $200,000.00, nobody gets debt passed on to them. The debtors are s.o.l.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Even when I was a rabid jw, I never considered giving them a dime in my will.

• JH
    JH
    To answer your question, once your dead, your debt is wiped out. Even if you are in the hole like $200,000.00, nobody gets debt passed on to them. The debtors are s.o.l.

I'm not sure of that. In Canada it's not like that I think....I heard other stories saying the opposite.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    What happens if you put the Watchtower Society on your will and you pass away with huge debts, will the society be forced to pay them because they accepted your will?
    Your estate will be sued for debts.

If you die and have any assets that are left to someone, the creditor can and probably will go after the assets. The creditor cannot go after the person you left your assets to. However, they have a right to collect on the debt. If you go and rack up a Visa bill and die, your heir will get nothing if you have any assets. The executor of the estate has a fiducary duty to pay creditors from the estate and the heirs get what is left. If nothing is left and you racked up a $200,000 Visa bill, your heirs are not responsible; as long as they did not co-sign for the card....like most married people do.

Many creditors will accept monthly payment if the heir (spouse) shows goodwill and will continue to pay off the debt....like a house.

edited to add: HaHa...I would not leave the WTBTS a nickle

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

I wouldn't give the org or anyone associated with it so much as the steam off my s**t.

In fact, I would like to know if I can reclaim the money that I was stupid enough to donate to them in the past.

cheeses - who couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous a question was posed as this tpoic.

• SillyPutty
    SillyPutty

cheeses--

I didn't make up this topic. This was mentioned in the 5/1 1961 Watchtower. I got it off the CD ROM.

w61 5/1 p. 279 How Jehovah Prospers His Work ***

Q.

At Pentecost early Christians held all things in common. Do Jehovah’s witnesses do this?

A.

An emergency food and housing problem arose following Pentecost when newly converted Christians remained in the city to take in further spiritual enlightenment. This occasioned voluntary sale of property and common sharing of all things during that extended period of fellowship. (Acts 2:1, 38-47; 4:32-37) No one was obligated to sell or donate, but all were expected to tell the truth. Ananias and Sapphira conspired to lie about the extent of their contribution and were cut off by God. (Acts 5:1-11) This holding of things in common was not Communism, as some suppose. It was a temporary arrangement similar to what occurs when Jehovah’s witnesses living in a Watchtower convention city welcome visiting delegates into their homes and share food and shelter. Likewise property has been deeded to the Society and it has been named beneficiary in Wills. All such giving assists in spreading spiritual enlightenment as at Pentecost. None of it is ever mandatory or communistic.

(me).....I'm sure thousands if not millions of witnesses have included the WT Society in their wills. As for me, forget it. Never in a million years.

• Gopher
    Gopher

They've got a good gig going, that WT Society. They suck all your time and energy from you while you are alive.

Then after you die, they hope to grab most of what you were able to accumulate during your lifetime.

Yet in their publications they condemn taking advantage of others and they condemn materialism. Go figure.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Gopher said: "They've got a good gig going, that WT Society. They suck all your time and energy from you while you are alive.

Then after you die, they hope to grab most of what you were able to accumulate during your lifetime.

Yet in their publications they condemn taking advantage of others and they condemn materialism. Go figure." ------------------------------------ That is an excellent way to summarize things Gopher.

The Watchtower Society is the largest hypocrite and two-faced entity I have ever encountered.

Jehovah's Witnesses as a whole disgust me and I HATE them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit