Can the org's finances be viewed?

by BoogerMan 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Does anyone know where to view the WTBTS of New York and Pennsylvania's financial records?

I mean, they are registered charities aren't they, so surely their income/expenditures must be open to scrutiny?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

There are many more corporations. A shell game.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Org. are masters of obfuscation concerning their many A/C's. You can see if you do get to examine them, a lot is covered by matters they do not explain.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

An attorney who successfully negotiated many settlements against them said that in discovery, they could bankrupt in less than 3 years. That was a year ago.

They had all KHs appraised a couple of years ago. Why? To sell them or use as collateral. Collateral sounds more like the answer since an appraisal on property is only good for a short time.

They have lots of corporations, but many are used for doing things without exposing them to public scrutiny. A former CO who identified himself as having been in Legal, was recorded saying WT was still in the UN as an NGO. An innocuous corporation would be helpful to keep that from getting out, and they have many.

if the govt cracked down on the practice of bogus corporations, it would stop a lot of nefarious activity.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

There are some old threads on the site about this. I spent a couple of days down this rabbit hole years ago. I found some tax returns that were obviously fraudulent because they were exact duplicates of earlier returns (statistically impossible). The bar to investigate a church is very high in the USA, therefore Churches are the best vehicle to scam cash from the public. See IRS link below.

I noticed that Watchtower made a number of changes in response to the Candice Conti case. Her Attorney placed a Lis Pendens on some Society real estate and it caught them by surprise. Soon after they made many changes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lis_pendens

Personally, I believe they never planned well for CIVIL litigation before the Candice Conti case, and it forced a different approach to asset protection. I believe they are transporting some money physically to Swiss banks in the Bahamas to avoid a paper trail and to always have liquid assets available. The unusual Florida airstrip purchase (and strange caretaker death) may be tied to this.

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/churches-religious-organizations/church-audits-reasonable-belief-requirement#:~:text=The%20IRS%20may%20begin%20a,business%20or%20other%20taxable%20activity.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Can the org’s finances be viewed?

Yes, they can be viewed with some suspicion. 😜

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I believe they are transporting some money physically to Swiss banks in the Bahamas to avoid a paper trail and to always have liquid assets available. The unusual Florida airstrip purchase (and strange caretaker death) may be tied to this"

Are there any links to coverage of these events?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Not Former, there were some threads on this a few years back. they should show up with a site search. The Bahamas Swiss branches are common knowledge just google it. (https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/100715/top-10-caribbean-tax-havens.asp).

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Balaam's Ass, I have tried several searches and can't find any reference to an airstrip or airfield being purchased in Florida. What happened there and why was the caretaker's death suspicious?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

It was a former FAA facility if I remember correctly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit