Isiah 65:17 (Memory wipe?)

by pleaseresearch 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.

I need some help with this please guys and gals. What is this implying? God will wipe those past memories, the past system of things from our minds? If so what's the point of allowing this system to run its course, to prove a point that only Gods rulership is the best. What's the point if nobody will even remember the past.

• waton
    waton

That is why antique dealer is the best new world profession.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Humans are mere pawns to the Big Guy upstairs. Remember - the issue of sovereignty is being proved to the spirit creatures who witnessed the scene in the Garden of Eden. That's supposedly why God didn't just delete Adam and Eve and Satan and start anew.
  • pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

So billions need to die and suffer to prove a point. That's why the scripture that say's God is love. Is utter bull. God has the power to wipe the angels and Jesus mind. But he chose to allow things to go on. Then for us not to even remember the sick past God allowed.

Your right WAKEMEUP we are just mere pawns.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Well the jw’s have an explanation for that (of course). They say that in using the expression ‘not called to mind’ its denotes not that we would have forgotten but that things are so good we no longer dwell on the past pains. It makes a certain amount of sense. As humans we make it through tough times and remember things as “the good old days” even when the old days wernt that good.

It dosent make humans anything more than pawns, mind you, but that particular scrupture is pretty easy to explain.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

what this is spoken here in this verse is being spoken by god. This is evident in context.

verses 16 and 17 go together well and say nearly the same thing, giving you a little perspective on who exactly is doing the forgetting here: the same one creating is the same one from whose eyes the former things are hidden.

Keep in mind though that heavens and earth don't always mean the literal form nor the forms that JWs teach.

Of course this is all a moot point if you don't consider the bible as having a divine origin.

(from the KJV)

16: That he who blesseth

himself in the earth shall

bless himself in the God of

truth; and he that sweareth

in the earth shall swear by

the God of truth; because

the former troubles are

forgotten, and because they

are hid from mine eyes.

17:

For, behold, I create

new heavens and a new

earth: and the former shall

not be remembered, nor

come into mind.

• cobweb
    cobweb

You are assuming this was a prophesy for our time. This is a prophesy for Israel about Israel that never happened.

Check out this video between minutes 18-25. https://youtu.be/dWfdM2cXCm0

Then watch this from minute 29 to the end. https://youtu.be/HbKXvF5oQYg

Finally watch this between minutes 17-23. https://youtu.be/0SF96kVO36U

The only part that specifically deals with your verse is the last part but watch them all for context.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Seems to me that all the skeletons in the believers past; all the wrongs the faithful have done or experienced before they were saved and afterward will be wiped from memory.

No argument from me.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I am terrified that my still-in wife's memory about me would be wiped off.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

no need to be terrified about something that will never happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit