Questions for Serena Williams

by Esse quam videri 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Being as Serena Williams shows outstanding abilities and skills at that which she exerts herself in, such as tennis, it would seems reasonable that Serena Williams has the same high level of abilities in all of her worthwhile endeavors. Perhaps she has this level of abilities in her journey as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Would it not be reasonable that those who need greater clarification and understanding of certain Bible subjects, to make contact with Serena and ask her such questions?

Questions to Serena:

" ... Hi Serena, congratulations on your winning the female Athlete of the Year Award again. Please tell me in, simple language, how to explain to my Bible Study the overlapping generations. When I listen to Br. Splane I just get more confused especially now that he has brought Fred Franz into his explanation. Waiting for your reply. [Please try to leave Fred Franz out of any comments you make.] PS: loved your little uniform at the last tournament...."

Any more questions for Serena?

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, Serena,

It would be an amazing thing, if you wrote your autobiography, and told about how you would never have played tennis if you stayed a good JW. Heck, you are the same as many young JWS - they are not in the public eye, though. Be brazen. Tell it all!

Think about it, okay?

• Hisclarkness
    Hisclarkness

People should stop "calling out" the Williams sisters for things. It's getting old, sorry. They were never baptized as Jehovah's witnesses so any disfellowshipping offense would not apply to them. Nor would I expect them to be up to date with all the tweaks and changes in doctrine and policy.

I "claimed" to be a Witness my whole childhood though I was never baptized until much later. But that was all I knew. I sure it's the same with them.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

When King Solomon went into detail on the Shulamite Maiden's body and boobs, I wonder how he would have described Serena?

Rub a Dub

• talesin
    talesin

Au contraire. I think of this confused young woman, who makes a public video of herself, coming home to an empty apartment on Christmas. There is something not-right. I welcome her to our community, and encourage her to tell what the JWS are really like. She has my full support.

I agree with you, and do not wish to call anyone out, in the negative sense. I offer her an open and supportive invitation. She has many loyal fans who would support her as well, and doesn't have to worry about education or homelessness. xx

EDIT: RubaDub, you crack me up! : D

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    I agree Hisclarkness. People should leave her alone. Let her live to the fullest.
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Dear Serena,

Why do you prefer the Wilson Blade 104 to something comparable like the Head radical microgel series? As a Jehovah's Witness I mean.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"People should stop 'calling out' the Williams sisters for things." - Hisclarkness

REALLY? YOU'RE SERIOUS?

Maybe Serena should stop calling on 'Jehovahs' name and she wouldn't have to feel the heat.

http://youtu.be/SnMAsoYAWbQ

• talesin
    talesin
    Exactly sparky1, and then a few months later, she's lonely at Xmas? Baptized or not, she can still be declared 'shunned'. When the 'ship hit the sand' in our group, I walked away, and my best friend FLED 4000km away. She led a double life all this time. Serena reminds me of her. I think the cognitive dissonance is strong with this one!
  • Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    What Sparky1 said! If she's tired of being "called out" she can stop thanking her god jehovah every time she wins a match. Like god gives a rat's behind about tennis anyway...or wait...maybe he would...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit