My daughter surprised me last night.

by Driving Force 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Awesome job and great conversation DrivingForce. I'm so glad that you were able to maintain a good relationship with your daughter and that she now sees the dubs for what they really are - a cult.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I firmly believe that the next generation of young ladies with brains and beauty are gonna save us guys from ourselves.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

I joined this site a few months ago 'tornintwo' because I had one child heavily in the org. and one child out. Now they are both out and it's great. I worry about them, they are experimenting as teenagers do, my 15 year old daughter now has a boyfriend - yikes! But its all NORMAL and that's what feels so good. My daughter is a smart kid too, she realised that she couldn't be part of a religion that in her words 'supports a global massacre'. She also noticed the oppression of women through the difficult 'separation' rules about divorce and remarriage.

So happy for you. Isn't it great they realised while they are young and can take advantage of all of the opportunities ahead of them, free of cult mind control.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Tornintwo

It is great you are right.

The split with my wife is a sad thing, because a growing teenage girl needs her mother. But then a growing teenage girl is better off without a JW mother being around. The two do have contact, I make sure of that.

I am please for you that both your kids are now out.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

@Driving Force, May you please share the list that she was given with us.

Thanks

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    That's great to hear! I also think it's great that they're educating kids on cults at that age, I wish I'd gotten a similar education.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Driving Force...you have a very intelligent daughter there.

It's funny, when I just started to wake up, I Goggled the word cults and the same thing happened to me. I said to my spouse, "this describes our religion (cult) to a tee."

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Thank you for the hopeful message. Your daughter is an example of the imminent fast decline of the WT. Young kids from the 21st century can not be fooled. The Watchtower days may still be many, but they are numbered.
  • Kick50r
    Kick50r

My sincere congrats to your daughter , and to you that have provided the best start possible by " worked hard to get my family away from the cult".

You have good reasons to be proud of her.

Haaa the Glorious days when children, knowledge in hand become immune to this disease called religions.

No wonder the J.W. are not very apt in dealing with these ...erm ... realities called Information Age.

Take Care

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Driving Force: I am sure there are many kids out there who have come to the same conclusion, but are trapped any cannot or are afraid to say anything.

Yes there are.

It sounds like your daughter has developed some very useful critical thinking skills. Good for her and good for you too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit