My daughter surprised me last night.

by Driving Force 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

I started my fade a the beginning of 2015, took counseling form a psychiatrist, and worked hard to get my family away from the cult. My marriage split and I now live alone with my 15 year old daughter.

She came to me last night and we started talking about JWs. She told me that the subject they are discussing at the moment in philosophy is "Cults". The kids were given a handout on how to identify a cult, she read the list to me and with every point she looked at me and said "That fits JWs".

She does not want anything to do with the cult, but never wanted me to talk about TTATT, so I never did, until last night. She asked very specific questions, which I answered. We talked about the money grab and the financing of the cult, and she then encouraged me to watch the "Ice-cream" video released at the convention this year. This is what really surprised me, although she has never been on any kind of forum discussing JWs or talked TTATT with anyone but me, she said that the GB are trying to get the ice-cream money from the kids, and I should watch the video.

I am really proud of my daughter.

I am sure there are many kids out there who have come to the same conclusion, but are trapped any cannot or are afraid to say anything.

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

I wished my son had that honesty. Even though he does not shun me because, as he himself puts it, he is human, the fear of losing his family (on my ex wife's side mostly) does not let him even take a closer look at anything.

Congratulations Driving Force to you and your daughter!

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

vivalavida

I am sorry about your son. I listed much of what I did to help my daughter in the following thread

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5952629737783296/may-have-go-back

Maybe this can help you with your son.

DF

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Driving Force well done waiting for your daughter to come to you to talk about cults. That takes great patience. You are right to be proud of her. By the way where did she learn about the ice-cream vid, was that at school?
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force

Xanthippe

She saw the video at the convention in summer.

• vivalavida
    vivalavida
    Thanks DV!!! Will check it out!
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    She saw the video at the convention in summer.

So she had all the information at her fingertips from the Borg and from school and made the connection for herself. She's very bright.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Xanthippe

She did make the connection herself.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You have one smart daughter there ! you are rightly proud of her.

It really is great to see her using her own critical thinking skills at her age, it bodes well for her future.

Let's hope many young JW kids learn to be like her, then they will have a future.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This has made my week 'Driving force'!

Such great news to know that young ones can see TTATT for themselves armed with just an analytical mind and the ability to put 1and 1 together!

I would be so proud of her if she were my daughter!

And well done for sharing information calmly and with dignity. Many of us would smother someone with too many points or facts too quickly if we sensed an opportunity...and that can make the listener scared....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit