Basic Blood Questions For Witnesses

by Vanderhoven7 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD

Fisherman

The Decree clearly forbids the eating of blood. Whether it is binding upon Christians as the JW's and a few other groups teach is a slightly different discussion.

The JW's have misquoted and misrepresented medical sources on this teaching almost from the beginning. (I can give examples)

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Blood Questions JWs Have But Don't Ask

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HafMsM1N4Ec&ab_channel=FixingMyFaith%28ExJw%29

Just watched this on youtube interesting.

• Ding
    Ding

As we know, to a loyal JW, rules don't have to make sense.

The WT religion is all about blind obedience to the GB.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

👍👍

A couple of years ago my jw elder father made a complete show/embarrassment of himself in front of a lovely, kind surgeon just before he had a life saving operation.

At the very end of the pre-op meeting with the surgeon she asked my father if he had any further points to make.

He then proudly and rudely told the surgeon that as a jw he didn't want any blood.

The surgeon looked totally shocked as this was the first she had heard. I bundled my dad out in his wheelchair and went back in to the surgeon.

I asked if my dad had given any written instructions to her or mentioned his religious beliefs, She said no not all all.

I said just do the op and my dad will have to make sure he treats you with more respect and courtesy in the future if he doesn't want blood etc.

I have never been more embarrassed. My father had the op and did not require blood.

His attitude towards the surgeon stank. No respect whatsoever to the surgeon whose operation was going to possibly save his life.

I told him when he came round that I would NEVER take him to a hospital or be put in that position ever again.

He looked puzzled as if he had done a great thing with the surgeon -

How many jw's go to hospital and at the 11th hour dictate to the doctors that they don't want blood without ANY PRIOR communication?

My father cannot be the only one...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit