Reverse Witnessing at the Literature Cart

by Pete Zahut 26 Replies latest members private

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'm kind of slammed, time wise at the moment but will see what I can do later.

Basically I figured most JW's might dare to look at old copies of their own magazine so all I did is do a Google search of "1914 generation" and clicked on "Images" and printed out the covers of old magazines that featured prophecies that time bore out as false when they failed. I circled the dates of the magazines to be sure they realized how old they were. I keep a similar packet near the front door for the rare occasion that a JW calls on us.

It seems to have an impact because how can they argue with their own literature?

The idea is to show them that generations of JW's have come and gone and what they think is new, was going on long before they came onto the scene

The last page of the "packet" was typed out and included the message that I showed in my original post.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1914+generation&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJp5eZhfbYAhUN_mMKHaiSBM0Q_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=878

https://www.google.com/search?q=millions+now+living+will+never+die&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjG_NL6h_bYAhUN1WMKHQdHBm8Q_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=878#imgrc=gdsoH-vXRVMGQM:&spf=1516984590644

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If it makes you happy go for it, let em have it. I just don't have the fervor to waste my time. I am civil and give them a fact for thought but otherwise don't engage. I stopped trying to save the world over 15 year ago.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Don't forget to count that time Br. Zahut ! With that fine witness you gave our Spiritual Sisters I'm sure you can add an extra ten hour for the week which will move you up to vacation pioneer status, or whatever the Hell "new light" has decided it's called now !!
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

While acknowledging the good "spiritual" work you have done, Pete, I particularly love your impressionistic photographic renderings. The last and largest -- "Ladies in Gray and Red" -- would do Monet proud!

Ha! Mrs Zahut said the same thing. The effect was totally by accident. The photos were taken hastily through a rainy windshield so they wouldn't notice me taking them.

Don't forget to count that time Br. Zahut !

It took me all of about 20 minutes to print the packet and stick it up there but I think I'll round it up to a full hour on my time card the way I've heard some pioneers do.

If it makes you happy go for it, let em have it. I just don't have the fervor to waste my time.

Yep. It was time that could have been better spent lurking here for 15 years, talking smack about JW's instead. Ha !

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I think this strategy is excellent.

In any oral argument or even discussion, each person has to be on the watch out to react to the next thing coming out of the other person’s mouth. The moment there is any confrontational, it is natural for “battle lines” to be drawn. I think I am stating the obvious in saying the average JW will raise all the verbal and mental defences at the moment a discussion on the Borg becomes remotely confrontational.

Even someone handing you a pamphlet is a little confrontational. They expect you to read it, and you are under pressure for you to decide whether you will tolerate receiving it, let alone read it or decide on the viewpoint it contains.

A bundle of paper left for a JW to pick up doesn’t have any of those confrontational qualities. Even better when it merely contains the. Borg’s own literature. I can see how the natural defences of a typical JW would be at their lowest against such an approach.

Well done, Pete Zahut.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Deffinantley an experience to be given at convention.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Bumping this post for new ones who may not have seen it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit