A New List of the J Versions and Where to Find them

by pizzahut2023 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yes, thanks for the explanation. I realised the "J" references the Org. used were all for late stuff when I was in.

I just thought you guys had found something that DID prove the Name was in the N.T or something else perhaps.

Now I can see what you are getting at, more Org. devious deception !

I really don't think it matters one way or the other if the Name was in the N.T or not, what is important is, if you take it upon yourself to insert it willy-nilly, and other stuff too, you cannot claim to be following the oldest MSS, but that is what the Org. claim, and often leave out verses because they are not found in the oldest MSS.

They are not honest enough of course to admit to what is true, they make everything up as they go along.

• LV101
    LV101

WOW - thank you, pizzahut23, SBF, Earnest and all contributing on this blog -- very informative/interesting!! I'm still stuck on Luke 2:11 Jehovah the Savior being born and the trinitarian slant of many. WT - oh my!

• pizzahut2023
    pizzahut2023

I continue with my analysis of J7, aka the Hutter Polyglot from 1599.

It's one thing to have one text or another identify Jesus with Jehovah, but it's a whole other thing to have a whole chapter identifying Jesus with Jehovah, again and again! Well, that's J7 in Acts 9 for ya!

I quote the NWT and then J7:

NWT:

(Acts 9:1) . . .But Saul, still breathing threat and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest

J7:
    But Saul, still breathing threat and murder against the disciples of JEHOVAH, went to the high priest
    NWT:

(Acts 9:5) 5 He asked: “Who are you, Lord?” He said: “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
    J7:
    (Acts 9:5) 5 He asked: “Who are you, Lord?” And JEHOVAH said: “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.

NWT:

(Acts 9:6) . . .But get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”
    J7:
    He, fearful and trembling, said: Lord, what would you like me to do? And JEHOVAH said: "get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."

NWT:

(Acts 9:10) . . .There was a disciple named An·a·niʹas in Damascus, and the Lord said to him in a vision: “An·a·niʹas!” He said: “Here I am, Lord.”
    J7:
    (Acts 9:10) . . .There was a disciple named An·a·niʹas in Damascus, and JEHOVAH said to him in a vision: “An·a·niʹas!” He said: “Here I am, Lord.”

NWT:
    (Acts 9:11) 11 The Lord said to him: “Get up, go to the street called Straight, and look for a man named Saul, from Tarsus, at the house of Judas. For look! he is praying,
    J7: JEHOVAH said to him: “Get up, go to the street called Straight, and look for a man named Saul, from Tarsus, at the house of Judas. For look! he is praying,
    NWT:
    (Acts 9:15) . . .But the Lord said to him: “Go! because this man is a chosen vessel to me to bear my name to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel.
    J7:

But JEHOVAH said to him: “Go! because this man is a chosen vessel to me to bear my name to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel.
    NWT:
    (Acts 9:27) 27 So Barʹna·bas came to his aid and led him to the apostles, and he told them in detail how on the road he had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken to him, and how in Damascus he had spoken boldly in the name of Jesus. . .
    J7:

(Acts 9:27) 27 So Barʹna·bas came to his aid and led him to the apostles, and he told them in detail how on the road he had seen JEHOVAH, and that he had spoken to him, and how in Damascus he had spoken boldly in the name of Jesus. . .

The Tetragrammaton appears in verses 31, 35, and 42 of Acts 9 in J7, and in vs 31, the Watchtower agrees with Hutter and puts "Jehovah" in there, but in the other verses puts "Lord". However, in verses 35 and 42 it's not immediately obvious which "Lord" is being spoken about so it's not an obvious identification of Jesus with Jehovah.

The most obvious (and shocking) one is Acts 9:5, for sure.

In another post I will put up the pictures so you can see for yourselves.
  • pizzahut2023
    pizzahut2023

Acts 9:1

Acts 9:5

Acts 9:6

Acts 9:10

Acts 9:11

Acts 9:15

Acts 9:27

• aqwsed12345
    aqwsed12345

Didache

Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism. And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have no living water, baptize into other water; and if you cannot do so in cold water, do so in warm. But if you have neither, pour out water three times upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whoever else can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit