ExElder Friend Had To Go To His Former Kingdom Hall and this what he told me!

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

He was the Secretary before he resigned years ago. He has a business that kept him involved with the Kingdom Hall. The Hall was sold to another church. The new church has kept my friend on the job.

Today, he went through the Hall and noticed all his old files were still there in files that were locked. He tried to move the cabinets and he said they were still filled with files. He said in those cabinets there were files on people who were pedophiles as well as ex elders involvement in family incest.

He said many Watchtower publications were left there. He said it was as if the Society simply said sell the building and don’t worry about anything inside. The lectern and chairs were still there along with other Watchtower paraphernalia.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

WOW ! I hope he gets hold, legally, of that stuff and does what should be done with it !

• minimus
    minimus

He can’t break into the file cabinet

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I seriously doubt this story. No way would the leave the files!

• James Jack
    James Jack

In my KH the Judicial file was kept in huge safe, 3 congregations sharing, locked. The passcode was 144,000

• minimus
    minimus

He’s my best friend and not ever an exaggerator . I helped him leave. He couldn’t believe this stuff was all there. That’s why he called me from his phone while at the KH.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I would call WT legal and tell them they are about to get kicked in the ass with a shit load of lawsuits for compromising confidentiality.

• minimus
    minimus

And the fact that they have publications and bibles left there along with furniture is odd. You would think they would remove everything that is left over before the church takes over the property.

• under the radar
    under the radar

If the old JW stuff was left inside the building after it was sold, and there was no provision in the sale documents for its timely removal, it would probably be considered legally abandoned and hence the property of the new owners. Maybe your friend could offer to haul off the abandoned JW stuff for free, or even buy it from them if necessary.

Then he could legally break into the file cabinet. Or he could have a duplicate key made if there is a code number on the lock. Once he has access to the contents, he could redact the documents as necessary and then do with them as he wishes. Any old publications could probably be sold on eBay for a tidy little profit. Win-win!

• minimus
    minimus

I asked him about asking if he could take the cabinets off their hands but he said he wasn’t interested. He’s very done with the Witnesses. He used to be here on JWD but he isn’t interested in any real involvement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit