252 Congregations have closed in Germany since 2015

by LevelThePlayingField 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I think that basic ratio applies accross the board. Fewer jw’s overall and packing congregations

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What I noticed on some of these graphs is the less then 80 publishers per congregation in a lot of those countries. They are probably realizing that that’s not enough publishers to really be viable when it comes to costs and donations. Maybe their thinking get closer to 100 publishers per congregation to maximize their investment. It also frees up tons of halls to be sold for some easy money. The last thing is with so many leaving and dying having congregations with only 60-70 publishers people are really going to notice when 10 or 20 leave or die.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Wow! Japan on average is losing + or - around 42 congregations a year. In the past 18 or so years Japan WT has had to delete approximately 745 congregations...that's nearly 45,000 JWs!

Me thinks this video on Germany's congregation decrease and shrinkag is legit!

Instead of blessing the organization...looks like, worldwide, Jesus Christ or Jehovah God or both are disapproving, condemning and cursing this religious whore...Yay!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

The desert god has nothing to do with it. The internet had killed them as has their everchanging date oriented theology.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It sucks to be a JW and the JWs in Germany and everywhere else are figuring that out.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Two congregations merged into one locally just a few months ago. .(UK).

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

I'am from germany.

I made a excel list and put all merges and all new ones in - but only from 2015 - 2017

2015 - 68 merged into 34 = 34 closed (7 new - only 1 german)

2016 - 120 merged into 60 = 60 closed (29 new - only 1 german)

2017 (until today) - 104 merged into 52 = 52 closed (24 new - 0 german)

=========================================================

So the number 252 or 278 ones closed ist from 2006 - 2017.

Yes, the counting is for calendar years.

George One
    Anyone from Germany here? I am curious if it just might be that they closed down a lot of foreign language congregations? They did that in the Netherlands before.

NO. Only 14 foreign languages congregations closed from 2015 - 2017 .

berrygerry
    The redditor is German, and speaks of resistance inside Bethel (love the terminology). He indicates the opposite - i.e. that foreign group numbers are being used to prop up the number of total congregations, while the reality is a decrease in regular congregations.

That's right.

146 closed between 2015 and 2017 (2017 still not complete).

60 new ones - 2 germans, 53 foreign languages congregations, 5 sign language congregations.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Getting off subject but those numbers from Japan just look off to me 10 years from about 2001 on where their growth or decline is not moving much at all. Just looks like the numbers are being manipulated.

• zeb
    zeb

crazyguy: "It also frees up tons of halls to be sold for some easy money.."

The reaction of the wt sending gb members off to 'defend' their properties in Russia and this plethora of property sales across the globe tells of a force behind the wt that is stockpiling wealth for ..what some reason yet tobe revealed.

I expect that in coming days will come a huge announcement almost demanding that jw sell their homes and possessions and send the money to 'mother'. This will destroy a wave of families as one member will want to sell and the other will not....fasten your seat belts..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit