REVISITING Awake October 1968 and the "THIS GENERATION" in association with OVERLAPPING GENERATION and THESE GENERATIONS

by Longlivetherenegades 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

The former image was obtained from a topic in the humor and joke section of this platform and it seems to carry a underground information that is equally powerful.

Since a food company had been producing a particular product for FOUR GENERATIONS since 1914, how come the WTBTS publishing company are still producing for a ONE GENERATION since 1914?

Awake October 1968 stated............ Even if we presume that youngsters 15 years of age would be perceptive enough to realize the import of what happened in 1914, it would still make the youngest of "this generation" nearly 70 years old today(year 1968). So the great majority of the generation to which Jesus was referring has already passed away in death. The remaining ones are approaching old age. And remember, Jesus said that the end of this wicked world would come before that generation passed away in death. This, of itself, tells us that the years left before the foretold end comes cannot be many.

Now see this CLAUSE in the same magazine........Jesus was obviously speaking about those who were old enough to witness with understanding what took place when the "last days" began.

Using the David Splane as an example, Born in 1944, baptized +/- late 1950 to early 1960. The one who conveyed the latest light on the "THIS GENERATION" doctrine. Applying the above CLAUSE which states..........

(Jesus was obviously speaking about those who were old enough to witness with understanding what took place when the "last days" began).

What emerge from the above

1. David Splane was not 15 Years old and even not born to be included among those this CLAUSE is meant for. He was not alive to understand or witness anything

2. As at the time of when this article (Awake October 1968) was written, David Splane was 24 years old he did not witnessed anything WORLD WAR 1 and was given birth to at the dying embers of WORLD WAR 2. So the CLAUSE above cannot be applied to HIM simply because he did not understand or witnessed anything.

The watchtower article coming up after this week study article carries questions like this.....can you explain these prophecies? Contained in the heading of a box. One will be forced to ask David Splane, Did he understand the prophecies in his own time before he was used to convey the OVERLAPPING GENERATION doctrine?

So if David Splane was not 15 years old was not as old as 70 years and didn't understand or witnessed anything during the start of last day(1914) then it safe to say the teaching is indeed an OVERLAPPING GENERATION, JWS no longer teach "THIS GENERATION " but "THESE GENERATIONS"

• menrov
    menrov

Another confirmation of how the WT fools its members. By the way, all in the picture are white....you wonder why :-)

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@menrov tell me more๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• waton
    waton
    And remember, Jesus said that the end of this wicked world would come before that generation passed away in death. This, of itself, tells us --

Here is where wt really lost it, about survival at Armageddon, their big promise, because :

The generation is now officially the wt anointed (I think pictured above). Apart from the "overlapping partaker group" bible twisting,

wt's current new light is, that partakers will pass away before the end occurs, not that the end occurs before their passing away.

Think about that: wt is contradicting Jesus on survival.

Jesus: gen, will die after "all these things"

wt: will pass away before Armageddon (at the beginning of the Great Tribulation). so:

wt Prophecy about survival at Armageddon is wrong already, before we even have to wait for it to roll around , perhaps in 2075.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

White donโ€™t make you right.

• waton
    waton
    White donโ€™t make you right.

SB. right, but looking at the African birth rate, there are fewer male virgins there than in Europe. You can perhaps squeeze >6 overlapping generations there into the last 100 years.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

New to the forum and been lurking for a while. The generation issue is what drove the final nail in the coffin for me. That crap about overlapping generations was so lame and stupid I left the org. I had had doubt on and off since forever but this was it for me. I had one elder tell me that he was glad the society cleared up the issue. I said it was not making it clear it was a complete definition change. Like saying red is no longer red its blue.

• DesirousOfChange
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jesus said: "This generation" not, these overlapping generations.

But of course JW`s have to twist the scriptures to fit their absurd doctrines and failed prophecies .

Luke Chap.3: 23-38 lists 76 generations from Adam creation to the birth of Jesus a period of 4024 years according to WT chronology.

4024 divided by 76 = 53 years., One generation ! There are many more scriptures that give the same ball park figure for one generation .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Only the Watchtower would dare to claim that one generation plus the next generation still equals one generation.

It is saying, "Don't beleive Jesus, believe us because we know what he meant to say"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit