Today’s Watchtower Study (December ‘19 issue

by BluesBrother 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They just knocked spock. Better to follow advice from non parents who never had a job. He gave good advice on diseases and he DID advocate spanking, but not knocking noses bloody in the back of the hall. Speaker just said to seek a doctor for medical issues then thee wt comment said not to. 50 years ago we did not have an internet to look up rashes.

Noahs sons didnt have children before the flood but the bible does not say why. Could be low sperm count from trying too much, wrong hole, or a child bride. Or story massaged to fit

• jp1692
    jp1692

Jehovah’s Witnesses (and their predecessor, Charles Taze Russell) have been proclaiming “The End is Near” since 1879.

It must suck to be wrong for over 140 years.

It would be funny except for all the lives that have been ruined.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

The year early 1954 my mom and her friend came upon a house with a clothes line full of clean diapers. Her friend said all this world thinks of is sex, sex, sex. It made my mom very sad and scared when her friend said this because my mom was 3 months pregnant with me.

I am will soon turn 66 years of age with grown children and grandchilden. My father is dead and my mother is going to be 97 in April living in a nursing home with dementia. Still yet no new world or ever will be. It amazes me how long the borg gets away with this kind of nonsense. Still Totally ADD

• waton
    waton

Par. 12 how could Joseph take his family on expensive trips to Jerusalem 3 times a year?

If you had the greatest man who ever lived working in your shop for 20 years, you could too.

par. 7; how to pay for, have time for kids? -- dont listen to wt, get an education.

Par. 6: why did no kids get born, in the Noah family, in the 120 years before the flood.? if you did woodwork by hand, to build this impossible wooden monstrosity to carry all the species, you would be too lame, too aching to begat, to bear children too.

Par. 1: wt theme no.1: The first thing on wtBtS inc mind is? Money! children are like money to them bad , because money that should flow into their coffers, goes first toward the families raising their way into the future.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BLUES BROTHER:

So, the JW religion is back to knocking childbearing again like in the ‘80s?

This is peculiar since they are hardly getting growth from the outside and it’s mostly born-ins who get baptized..This suggests to me (along with the lawsuits, selloff of halls and going online)..that the JW religion doesn’t see much of a future for itself...Some zealots might say it’s because they think the ‘End’ is so near..But I wonder.

In my opinion, I saw them as potentially doomed anyway with this sell off of halls, elderly passing away and young people leaving in droves. Now they’re discouraging people from having children???

What I conclude from all this is that the religion doesn’t expect to be on the scene into the far distant future (for whatever reason)..and wants people NOW to devote all their time, attention and assets to them only.

• waton
    waton
    the JW religion doesn’t see much of a future for itself

LGH: or for their members. wt is competing about the future with the real thing: the way into the future via offspring, the genetic package, the cherished family legacies. The powerful emotions connected to procreation at all stages.

The failed wtBtS inc promises, the false friendships, the rush of the "first love for the truth", power trips for the elders & families, that wtBtS inc offers in return, are no real substitutes for the real thing, ----total family life.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WATON:

I agree with you there. I always felt the JW religion hated people’s fleshly family ties: loyalty and love...Bottom line is: ..your blood relatives are competition to them.

This is why I hated them for trying to isolate me from my non-JW family when I was a study. I made sure I rectified that mistake later on when I began my ‘fade’!

Which brings us back to the OP..Fewer blood relatives (children), less competition, IMO.

• johnamos
    johnamos
    “Jesus likened our time to “the days of Noah,” and there is no doubt that we are living in “critical times hard to deal with.” (Matt. 24:37; 2 Tim. 3:1) With that reality in mind, some couples have concluded that they would like to postpone having children so that they can devote more time to sharing in the Christian ministry.“

we are living in those times but in 2022 we are going to start a building project for more movie studios and housing and it will be finished in 2026. we are doing this so that we can produce more videos on jw dot org in order to continue to make disciples. oh...and the fact that we say the following...pay no attention to that if the thought crosses your mind on why would we bother to build that if it is just going to be taken away.

[Restored At Last! p. 187-188 - The nations will “devise an evil plan.” They will seek to vent their long-standing rage and hatred on Jehovah’s worshippers, who will seem vulnerable, as if “living in settlements unprotected by walls, bars, or gates.” The nations will also be eager to “take much spoil and plunder” from those “who are accumulating wealth.” (Ezek. 38:10-12)… The nations may try to disrupt our way of life and stop us from carrying out our worship. To that end, perhaps they will try to interrupt the flow of spiritual food, prevent us from meeting together, break up the unity we enjoy, and stop us from zealously proclaiming God’s message.]

[Quote from “What the Future Holds” talk; speaking about Gog’s attack – “What’s the point? Brothers, we should expect them to despoil us of our human rights. We should expect them to confiscate all of Jehovah’s belongings and close down and take possession of all our branches, factories, depots, kingdom halls, assembly halls, everything. Don’t make any mistake about it. We are all in this together. We have a common enemy.”]

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

The writers can't see the writing on the wall that most JW,s are in their senior years and the few young ones need to produce as many followers as possible to replace the aging population. Its a cult already in a death spiral and encouraging having no children will hasten its demise. Only good thing is that pedifiles will have to look elsewhere for victims.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Older ones may remember similar comments in the past when parenthood and even marriage was discouraged in the printed material. For example the book “Children “ . Oddly this was written as a dialogue between two single people in the WTS , John and Eunice and it concludes on this note...

"Eunice? That's a person named Eunice?" -- Judy Maxwell (Barbra Streisand), What's Up, Doc?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit