Brought my non-JW wife to Kingdom Hall for a wedding

by keyser soze 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogon
    dogon

As with funerals its not about the people it should be about its a recruiting tool. These fuckers are shameless. I would love to see them banned in the states.

• possum
    possum
    Precious Possessions........ Jehovah witness women's lives are dominated by a religion that demands that women are subject to patriarchal male authority and ideology that dominates women through a theology of ownership. This theological interpretation conditions women who interpret violence and abuse at the hands of their husbands as discipline by a Father-God readily identified with their husband. The JW CULT acts as a high control religion and requires members to live within a closed system and utilises shunning as a method of emotional, behavioural and social control. Jehovah witness women who are experiencing domestic violence can limit or impede her own options to escape, due to the limitation of general religious schemas such as wifely submission, obedience, forgiveness, pious suffering and the conceptualisation of divorce. Elders (the patriarchy) may justify, disparage or disclaim that domestic violence occurs in their congregation.
  • zeb
    zeb

Redvip2000. An great posting

"Jehovah this, Jehovah that, Jehovah Jehovah Jehovah. It really is an obsession they have with that name. At times, it almost seemed as if they think God is a bad word."

It has ever galled me the way the brothers "jehovah' us to death in any address.

• steve2
    steve2

Possum - perceptive reflections, well worded! You are right on the money about domestic abuse under such "headship" and limited viable options for JW women.

• possum
    possum

steve2 Cheated a bit. I copied and pasted part of an essay that I had to submit for a post grad domestic violence course. A worldwide problem for all women caught in fundamentalist cults. We even have an Amish community not far from us and it's difficult for them those women to even access a telephone to get support.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Jehovah is the first name..god is his surname.

See also

Cheese arse grice

Noah zark

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit