Suing The Watchtower Corporation For Pain And Suffering Caused By Clandestine Trial Of Corporatly Biased Impartial Judges (A Real Ordeal)

by Brokeback Watchtower 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think a smart lawyer could pull it off all it takes is the right angle and a smart lawyer and I think the line of people to collect damages might be in the hundreds of thousand because I remember the WT boasting about the number of disfellowshipped around 40,000 one years back in the 70's. So the number could be huge depending on access to the WT files because the WT keeps a record of all df persons . So I'm thinking notification of all those in those files would have to be surrender in the courts so as to give all an opportunity to collect damages for emotional pain and suffering. Giving them free access to the trial proceedings to make up their mind.

• John Davis
    John Davis

You could be right that a fantastic lawyer may take this on but it would be virtually impossible to win for two main reasons.

The court, at least in the US, will have to ignore 100 years of US Court policy and precedent that civil courts cannot intervene within the internal matters of a religion. A court cannot determine if a religion is correct in their beliefs or how they practice those beliefs as long as it doesn't violate an actual law. It cannot get involved with the discipline of its members or who it determine's it members should or would be. Watchtower is a voluntary organization and can pick it's members at its whim and can remove those same members at any time.

The second is that you would have to prove damages and that those damages were caused by Watchtower and their practices. Even if you claim depression you would have to prove that the depression had it genesis because of your discipline within the JW community. That would be really hard for any psychologist or psychiatrist to definitively say that it the exclusive cause.

But if you think you have a case you should try and find a lawyer and try and file a civil case. If you think it is winnable and can convince a lawyer to take it on then you should definitely try.

• sir82
    sir82

For the 756,849th time:

Anyone can sue anyone over anything.

But.

Good luck finding an attorney to take the case (unless you've got really deep pockets).

JWs "sign up" voluntarily to be a part of the "private club" known as JWs. If that private club decides to kick someone out, and the other members of that private club decide to follow that protocol, what, exactly, law has been broken?

• John Davis
    John Davis

There was, in fact, one court case where the gentleman who sued Watchtower was in the right and could prove that Watchtower gave him and the elders who DF'd him the wrong information according to their own policies. The court ruled that there is nothing that a civil court can do to remedy the situation, that even if the elders conspired against him there is no remedy that can be given.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BROKEBACK WATCHTOWER:

I am sorry for anybody who has suffered through one of these things.

I would never attend such a travesty.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Good for you as Nancy Regan would say, just say "No"!(to utter bullshit!)

I think the congregation judicial committee might be scraped in the near future over a lack of attendance of those unwilling to give the WT cult court any respect only contempt.

Thanks to the internet and all the publicity of the Watchtower's legal troubles,, I think fewer be paying heed JC invites just the middle finger to a bunch of Society Clowns for Jehovah.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from John Davis:

There was, in fact, one court case where the gentleman who sued Watchtower was in the right and could prove that Watchtower gave him and the elders who DF'd him the wrong information according to their own policies. The court ruled that there is nothing that a civil court can do to remedy the situation, that even if the elders conspired against him there is no remedy that can be given.

The WT Corporation is a "Private Jurisdiction" which the Courts have no jurisdiction over so long as the case involves events or activities on Corporation Property amongst Corporation Members in accordance with Corporation Rules. The Courts are very reluctant to intervene into Corporation Affairs in violation of Corporation Privilege. Which is the principal reason corporations exist.

There is no easy solution to this problem within our Legal System.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit