Selena's Father felt Guilty,,Did we expect bad things to happen to us?

by LyinEyes 11 Replies latest jw friends

• sandy
    sandy

I was just browsing through old posts and found this one.

It is really sad when the witnesses beat themselves up over uncontrollable circumstances.

LyinEyes posted this experience given at an assembly..

This was an experience given at a circuit assembly I was at a few years ago. I will try to be brief with it. This JW family had kind of slacked on on their meeting attendance and another meeting night was before them. He was tired and the kids were still outside playing , so he decided not to go. His little girl was out riding her bike and was ran over and killed. This brother said, that he will never forgive himself for not being at that meeting, because if he had taken his little girl, she would still be alive, sitting there in the seat next to him.

Yes this is a very sad occurrence but not one that can be blamed on not attending the meetings. Bad things happen all the time. I wonder what the witnesses response is to an experience like this:

To the best of my memory:

When I was about 6 years old a little boy was hit and killed by a car. I don't know for sure if the driver was drunk but there were empty beer cans or bottles in his car. It happened right out in front of the kingdom hall on the memorial night. I believe the father was studying at the time and his little son ran out in the street.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Wow, that is twice tonite my post from over a year ago have resurfaced..........lol, I always cringe at my own writing...lol. When I saw this one come up,,,,, I was like , oh, please dont sound stupid. I had forgotten about that post.

I just shake my head in shame even more now, a year later almost at the things we were told as experiences at assemblies. They never told names of who these experiences were about or even what state they were in. Now I thinkthey made it all up , just to play with our emotions, and put that cult fear into us to keep us in line.

Foolish games the WT plays. They make me sick the way they toy, with the lives of people. I think they are sick , twisted and they need their asses kicked. ( sorry southern thang said there , when I get mad). Sometimes words , just is not what is needed,,,,,,,,,, many kicks in their old asses would probably not benefit them at all,,,,,,,,,but it sure would make me feel better........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit