Debating With Evolution Deniers is Just Like This

by cofty 218 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, but the Creation Team has been existing much longer than the Evolution team.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

What I find the most amusing about the relentless efforts by JW or other religions to deny evolution, is that in a way, denying evolution contradicts their own explanations of God.

JWs constantly teach that the diversity of races, colors, smells, tastes, cultures, etc is show of Jehovah's love to humanity. They apply this to almost anything in life, society and nature. They also show the contrast ( I remember the video) to show you what the world would look like if everything tasted the same, looked the same, etc

Somehow this God of diversity, has created all of these things for humans, so that he could put them on a paradise that would look the same (see the pictures of paradise, they all look the same) all across the world and with an animal creation that is static and will remain the same for eternity....

To me, a God that would have sparked and promoted further diversity thru evolution, is a much more appealing God, in the same fashion as the diversity of colors, smells, tastes, races, etc.

• Viviane
    Viviane

So... No one actually believes that Vidquin was a microbiologist, right? Based on the evidence of "literally doesn't know anything about the field other than what Wikipedia produces"?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

So, Viviane, which organism would you like to discuss?

• Viviane
    Viviane

None, Vidquin. Why do you think that would even be relevant to discuss if you had actually been a microbiologist? I mean, were I to say a bald eagle, how would that apply to microbiology in a way that would allow you to prove what you otherwise havrn't been able to?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    Cofty - The atmosphere of the earth 4 billion years ago contained no oxygen therefore the composition of the oceans was also quite different. Modern vents are also teeming with existing lifeforms.Life will not likely arise a second time on earth. However each of the steps to life is being investigated in labs all over the world.

So, in essence (and please bare with me because I'm a layman in these issues) the supposed early pre-conditions for life to appear are now impossible to occur again in nature because life itself has produced new conditions - such as the abundance of oxygen, and therefore, water - that preclude the arise of life again - at least life as we know it?

Eden

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Viviane, I am talking of those organisms that are covered under the heading Microbiology, you know Staphs and Streps and E.coli's, and Klebsiella's, and Pseudomonas', Enterobacters, Yersinias, Neisserias and Mycobacteria, etc. How would one go about to identify one of these in a lab? These are things a layperson would not know. I asked Caedes the same thing, but he also ignored the question. You must at least read through the last few pages of the thread to know what's going on. But don't worry about it. It's quite late where I am and It's time for bed.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Ah, so your plan is to say the name of common micro-organisms and go to bed? Anyway, I pick eagle. As a microbiologist you should have been more specific if you meant something other than organism. That's just more evidence that leads me to believe you were never a microbiologist.

So, eagle it is. Go.

Oh, and you can google in 30 seconds how to identify all of those in a lab. So what? You're still ignorant of the science itself.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

You are an idiot.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Maybe I am, but if I were a microbiologist and someone said "eagle", I would use my training to talk about which micro-organisms were specific to eagles, specific species of eagles, what we know about them, how we know it, what micro-organisms cab make eaglrs sick or healthy, etc..

Instead, you got caught, and, according to you, by an idiot. Oopsie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit