Another Resolution

by truthlover 18 Replies latest jw friends

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    And from nexy year they will be more than halving the number of mags that they print, i say more than halving because the watchtower and awake will be undated and will be able to be used for many many years on the trolleys you can still get books from the trolleys that were printed nine years ago
  • truthlover
    truthlover
    It was passed unanimously in our congregation as well, no one dares not to -- no one dissented can you imagine the feedback to not put your hand up........I wasn't there... I guess something told me not to go
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

This week's in Canada was the GAA - Global Assist something.

$8.25 per pub - but "We're not indicating that each pub donate this."

Instead, it becomes a congo resolution of 8.25 x number of pubs resolution, paid by the congo, and pubs can donate whatever they wish into the Local Congo expenses box.

(Instead of voting with a show of hands, they should have unmarked ballots.)

• steve2
    steve2
    When you want members to tithe - but you don't want to call in tithing.
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

It was passed unanimously in our congregation as well, no one dares not to -- no one dissented can you imagine the feedback to not put your hand up.

Here they NEVER ask anything other than, "All in favor?" Then the next thing out of their pie-hole is "Okay, it looks unanimous."

Idiots!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Question: When do the "loving shepherds" make resolutions to have money COME BACK to the Congregations, and in particular, those members in financial and/or physical NEED.......you know, those people Jesus was always trying to help - widows, orphans, homeless, hungry, ill, infirm, elderly.

When the JW's start acting like Christians, let me know. All I see are power hungry, money-grubbing, charlatans.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They want money from people that cannot afford it because of their own wretched policies. No education. No getting a decent job that might prevent pious-sneering. You might miss a boasting session, you must quit your job. Yet, now that people need the money for themselves, they are being expected to throw it away.

Better to give nothing. They get too pushy for your money, they don't get anything at all. The money is yours to keep, save, or spend as you see fit. Pay down some bills. Buy silver or gold. Buy those quality items that will last many years (besides helping the environment). Or, just have fun with it. You can invest it (save, buy silver, or buy quality items) and have it when the financial system falls apart. You can spend it now--you won't have it when you need it, but at least you can have fun. But, if you throw it away on the Worldwide Damnation Fund, you get neither advantage.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"sir8219 hours ago

These special funds for COs and KH accident payouts have been in place for many many years, at least a decade.

They probably require an annual resolution because it is based on congregation headcount, and the headcount can change from one year to the next."

normally you amd I are on the same page with these sorts of nonevent items. However the wording was different this year as it specified that money would go to a general fund to be used for any purpose. This left me with a legitimate 'wtf' look as i quickly inderstood the shell game.... Its a new manditory donation disguised as a donation to the kaa/toa as it was in previous years. The level of deceit continues to grow in the wt's finances.

• kaik
    kaik
    I know my mom is complaining about the money for CO. He also demands during the visit that local JWs would take him to dinning out. Several times in the past elders asked women in KH to cook for CO, but what I heard, his wife was not very pleased. So they eat out in generally expensive restaurants around the city.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit