Another Resolution

by truthlover 18 Replies latest jw friends

• truthlover
    truthlover

Has anyone on the board been at the recent meeting where they are asking for more money to help out the Co's, insurance and health and travel?? This is supposed to go into a GENERAL fund??? What does that mean? They can use it for anything they want....

Oh, and also, if you can give more, it would help as many congregations may not be able to give - based on number of pubs in each cong. Don't quite understand if it is monthly or a yearly contribution -- remember, no plates passed at the hall like the churches do!!n Only give what you can at the back of the hall collection box AND yet, this is the fourth time I can remember they have been asking off the platform and giving Jehovahs blessing as you give- the guilt trip! and they will get it as they are taking it out of the contributions....

Jehovah must be livid,, I know I am - Jesus did not have a place to lay his head, the apostles and Paul all worked for a meager living... the Watchtower buys the best of everything and has oodles of real estate holdings... some thing is definitely lop sided but the pubs say, "have to do it... the preaching work must be supported, and we need the Co's so we have to pay....its Jehovahs command...... "

• sir82
    sir82

These special funds for COs and KH accident payouts have been in place for many many years, at least a decade.

They probably require an annual resolution because it is based on congregation headcount, and the headcount can change from one year to the next.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I will no longer contribute monetarily to any cause of the WTBTS. However, undoubtedly, my family will more than make up for it.

SL

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Yeah last night. it's going to cost us $150. A month! Besides the $ 500. For the world wide construction work . now you times that by how many u.s congregations? Holy cow! Yet they're broke?!
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

They want contributions for the CO's insurance - but the WT doesn't PAY for insurance. Supposedly they are their own insurers.

Marina

• Splash
    Splash

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeze every last drop out of them.

What next, a Special Pioneers shoe fund? Oh, but just call it worldwide work.

“Beware of the scribes who want to walk around in robes and want greetings in the marketplaces and front seats in the synagogues and the most prominent places at evening meals. They devour the houses of the widows and for show they make long prayers. These will receive a more severe judgment.”
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

We just had or CO visit last we and the CO said, "can we be like Barnabas? Can we be generous? We you make a check out, please don't indicate where you want the funds to go, just make it out the the world wide work."

:(

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    ooh wee, my spelling.
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

This is supposed to go into a GENERAL fund??? What does that mean? They can use it for anything they want....

Exactly! The way it was read where I am it sounded a lot like that general account would be used for things like. . .um . . . lawsuits.

It was passed unanimously, even though some of the hands in the air were kids not yet in school, and I sat with a steady stare into the eyes of the eldurr reading it and purposely crossed my arms in front of myself when he asked "in favor?"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They remind me of Proverbs 30:14, 15!

look it up..... You will see what I mean....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit