The Guardian asks the question: "Are people ever converted by street or doorstep evangelists?" Do you want to answer?

by AndersonsInfo 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/jan/27/are-people-ever-converted-by-street-or-doorstep-evangelists

Has anyone ever actually been converted to a different religion by people who knock on the door, hand out leaflets or proselytise in public places?

Kate Percival, London E15

Post your answers – and new questions – below or email them to [email protected]. Please include name, address and phone number

--------

At the time I posted this information, there were 91 answers. (Interesting reading)

Who here is going to make it Comment #92?

Barbara

• cofty
    cofty
    Thanks Barbara
  • cofty
    cofty

I just made it #92

The official figures published by Jehovah's Witnesses show that it takes a total of almost 8000 hours of proselytising for every baptism. The majority of these are children who are coerced into getting baptised as young teens or earlier. This figure has risen 40% in the past 5 years.

Their work is woefully inefficient. It is likely the internet is having a huge impact of their ability to lure new victims. Figures courtesy of JWFacts.com

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo
    Excellent post, Cofty. Who is going to make Comment #93?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The ''Truth is Out There''.

Interesting to note what I've been told over the years by people in the workplace. Is that if they wanted to change a religion, or wanted a new religion they would seek them out. And not the JW's, Mormons coming to them.

Post 93

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    I can only think of ONE person who was converted via door to door. Every JW I know converted by being witnessed to by a friend or family member.
  • Qcmbr
    Qcmbr
    I did over 70 door to door over 2 years on an LDS mission in England Manchester. Did they stay active - nope.
  • pile2222
    pile2222
    Well, my sister was woken up on a Saturday morning from two sisters through the door to door service and she was actually glad that they woke her up because she would have been late for work if she´d slept in! So the next time they came back for a return visit my sister already started a Bible study with them (even though she didn´t even realize it yet)! This was back in 1987. She was baptized in 1988 at the age of 30. I remember that convention very well, because we got the "Revelation" book then.
  • krejames
    krejames
    My mum was converted by someone knocking on her door and the bible study that followed.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Used to happen back in the day.

These days, though? Not so much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit