Politics Aside...

by wisdomfrombelow 7 Replies latest jw friends

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

There seem to many seemingly political topics started in this section. It's usually something controversial and not related to this subject area. It would be nice to have this area reserved for it's appropriate subject. Just my opinion. Who agrees with me? Who disagrees?

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

I agree. I an mostly conservative on many issues and some here are very liberal, but we are all anti JW. Politics and a few other issues are very dividing. I am a gun collector and shooter and when I bring up some political idea that lets say I am OK with universal BGCs many other gun people will rip me as the new Satan. So its best to stick to the main subject we all agree on. Its ancient history when you can have a different view on things and agree to disagree. Religion in and of itself is a very divisional issue. I have alienated most of my family because they left the cult but hold on to the idea of god and I as questions like so you still believe in talking snakes and virgin birth? Then go on to show them why the bible and for that matter all religion is really feel good BS. Do I get arguments for their case to believe? Nope its you are an asshat for telling me what I don't want to hear and I block you.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

@wisdomfrombelow ...

You must be a bit confused with the topics here. This is a current/ex JW site.

We refrain from politics and seek a spiritual approach to life's meaning and an holistic approach to ones inner self, spiritual awareness and health.

We try to unite our mental awareness in shared actions and beliefs.

I would not let a few of those here who try to divide us interfere with our inherent realities.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

@RubaDub

I think I was not clear in my original post. The JW Discussion Forum has many sub-forums. I believe this one is "Friends" but there is also "Politics & Current Affairs" and "News & World Events". I was just suggesting to post in the appropriate forum so people can find and discuss in a more orderly fashion.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

The posting guidelines ask that you put posts in the appropriate section. But...

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think the OP has a valid point ? maybe some of us just need to be a bit more aware of what section we are posting under .

Point taken wisdom ,and i think simon would agree with that also ,thats why there are different catergories to post on.

• tiki
    tiki

If a thread doesn't interest you or maybe even annoys you simply move on....sometimes someone poses a controversial idea. You may have a strong opinion...if you want to engage in the dialogue go for it...If not, move on.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

What the hell! Politics and religion are the most interesting subject to debate! We don't need to agree but we should all have an opinion!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit