"What IS True Love?" Watchtower Propaganda Review/Commentary

by WatchtowerReviewz 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WatchtowerReviewz
    WatchtowerReviewz

My latest review for Watchtower's most recent feature length propaganda film. (Not safe if sober.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN6LxFw_Qp8

• steve2
    steve2

Nice voice-over review - captures the WTF moments that crop up all the way through this piece of simplistic propaganda. I cant imagine young JWs buying this - but perhaps I credit them with more brain power than their self-absorbed little heads can tolerate.

The production follows all the "rules" of "Christian" social media production, chief of which are stark contrasts between goodies and baddies, a"reasonable" storyline and toning down the group's most unpopular practices. Notice that little to no mention was made about the closeness of the end and no visuals depict door-to-door preaching (pioneering is mentioned as a concept only). Oh and that main female lead looks so pained and depressed - a nice role model. Not.

This is a religion newly discovering the power of trying to normalize the abnormal.

Strikingly, all the young people seemed self-absorbed individuals and when "spirituality" is raised, it's in a noticably superficial way.

The inescapable message to young ones: At least go through the motions and you'll get our approval.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Nice commentary. I found the portrayal of the young JWs unrealistic. It seems like they were trying too hard to make them appear normal.

Good call on the coffee motif. I noticed that only after it was pointed out.

It is a staple during service. They need their caffeine infusion every hour or so.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"What is (true) love? It hurts me... it hurts me... no more..."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I think the WTBTS videos are fantastic. They are just the right thickness to shim up my wobbly table in the basement.

DD

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Could you please do "Walking By Faith, Not By Sight" next? That is by far my most hated WT propaganda film. Loved you're review of this one. Basically true love means someone who is loyal to the JWs. If they're not "spritual" the relationship will fail. Of course that isn't true but that's how WT presents it.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That was amazing dude!

The REAL movie is utterly propaganda-istic!.

Your review helps me to see that we are not alone in seeing the strangeness for what it is....

SO, one question though. Are you SURE that the brother who plays the "spiritual" husband is indeed the same Jonathan Thompson who wrote the book "A House Divided"??????

If so, that is some seriously TTATT stuff

• Lostwun
    Lostwun

SIAR2 Here is confirmation that this Johnathan Thompson is indeed the spiritual husband in this wt movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EZL_9SZT7g

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh my goodness!!

He seriously wrote that book?

HOW WAS HE APPROVED TO BE USED IN THE SOCIETIES VIDEO!!!??

Even if the book was benign, (note, I have not read it), the simple act of writing a book of fiction is not something a model witness would be praised for doing!

Am I missing something here?

What is the summary of the book?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I just watched the whole interview.

it is long, and no, there is no reference to him being a witness by the way...(to save anyone who doesn't want to watch the whole thing)

His book is set in a post apocalyptic world where people who are different are oppressed!

Interesting that he attends and is on panels at sci-fi conventions....

Also interesting was his response to a question "who is your greatest influence in life? Who inspires you in day to day activities?"

Hmm.. One would expect a "spiritual witness" to seize that opportunity to praise Jehovah, Jesus or his faith....but no, he says nothing of that....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit