Money

by JH 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena
    Think equity, not cash!

Accounting Tip for the Day

I enjoy life....but I also try to put a bit by for a rainy day.

• Simon
    Simon

Since we've had the kids I've tried to do a lot more forward planning and have started a pension (didn't need one of those when "The End" was round the corner did I ) and over the last few years have managed to nearly pay off our debts (such as credit cards) leaving just car-loans and quite a reasonable mortgage (for a small mid-terraced house in Salford, NW England).

I wouldn't like to pay too much of my income on a big house or flash car as it would leave us stretched and I think more vulnerable to changing conditions. I wonder when I see people doing this whether they are saving enough away for the future or just "living for the moment". Maybe I'm putting more away because I started a pension later because of the WTS influence? I'm hardly going to be jetting the world when I retire but I'd like to be in a position to help our kids getting started and not be a burden to them.

We're working at saving up now for the move to Canada but it's nice for now just having the weight of debt off our shoulders !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit