How Would You Help A JW. Recognize They Do Not Have The Truth?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

It's simple.

Ask them why when Jesus came to inspect and approve "the truth" in 1919 why have all the teachings that he approved of in 1919 are now considered apostate teachings?

• btlc
    btlc

Deuteronomy 20:21, 22

Galatians 1:8, 9

with some examples, usually works

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ask them why when Jesus came to inspect and approve "the truth" in 1919 why have all the teachings that he approved of in 1919 are now considered apostate teachings?

That`s it in a nutshell Tenacious ,,and I thank Don Cameron and his book "Captives Of A Concept " to showing me this and many more subtle twists of the Scriptures the WT /JW `s do to validate their twisted version of Christianity .

For their own agenda.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Whatever you show to J.W's that you may think "simply must" wake them up, makes no difference to them if they are not ready to awaken.

They simply shrug their shoulders, do not address the issue, and move on, filing what you have shown them in their Cognitive Dissonance File.

You can only hope that by making that File thicker and thicker the Cognitive Dissonance will scream at them from within and they won't be able to stand the noise it makes any longer.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Impossible!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I like to casually show that many other faiths call themselves "the truth", or use very similar wording...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Since every doctrine that is unique to Jehovah's Witnesses is exta-biblical....I would just ask them to show me their beliefs from the Bible.

Works every time.

Example

I believe the Bible. Can you show me from the Bible that the apostle Peter went to heaven in 1918?

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Until someone is willing to seriously consider that the WTS is not who they say they are, no argument will help.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"I think many Witnesses stay in for social reasons. For them there’s no where else to go."

I'm with minimus on this one. Our family sees the abuse and hypocrisy, we just think it is too painful for them to make an exit. The thought of being completely alone in the 60's and 70's is too much to bear. WT is a social club that gives them the warm and fuzzy feeling of belonging somewhere. Without WT, they have NO ONE to tell them how to think, act and believe. They have to let the Panda's, resurrection and hope go out the window!!!
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If you can't get past the jehovah=Watchtower then you have lost the battle.

I have attempted and lost that battle one too many time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit