Chinese Communist Party to commence nationwide crackdown on Christianity including Jehovah's Witnesses

by jwleaks 28 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS likes to present their organization as the only one persecuted for being Christians and people point out that others are also persecuted, the WTS says their persecution is brought on themselves.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Bonsai : Fei cheng hao! 非常好!

Or more simply: Hen Hao - 很好 (pronounced more like hun how), also 很棒= hen bang = wonderful! and 很不错 = great!

--------------------------------------------------------

The JWs in China want to act like supporters of ISIS do in western countries.

That's not an accusation that they engage in terrorism, but that they act furtively (with extreme secretism). That's because their policy of refusing military service is against Chinese state policy. (NB- they are also banned in Singapore for the same reason).

Since they act secretly, then the Chinese government is entitled to screen them.

I have no idea as to what the JWs will do in response to any further action to identify them and winkle them out, except that whatever they will do can only be a continuation of past actions.

WHY may the Chinese government want religions to register?

Judged on the past 150 years, when Christian religions acted as subversive agents of western colonialism, the Chinese state has no reason to trust any Christian religion. However, Christian religions that register and promise loyalty to China are permitted freedom to hold services.

And we may like to remember that the Taiping rebellion of the mid-nineteenth century, a rebellion that nearly toppled the Manchu Qing dynasty, was started by a Christian convert and highly praised by western missionaries, who wet themselves with joy in the expectation that China may become Christian. That rebellion failed, when the (Christian) British government gave more support to the Qing government.

Are there 100 million Christians in China?

Seriously doubted!

Lets compare China to Taiwan, where a similar ethnic mix exists, after the USA supported Nationalists were defeated and Chiang Kai Shek and the remnants of his armies fled to Taiwan.

Despite having freedom to preach and few restrictions, and in spite of members of Chiang Kai Shek's own family being Christian, the total number of Christians in Taiwan are only 3.9% of the population. Extending that percentage to the PRC would give a membership of about 50 million. But even that is likely to be an exaggerated number.

The really important aspect of the claim of 100 million, is that churches in western lands have always lied about their success in mission fields, in order to extort more donations from credulous churchgoers.

-----------------------

Why should anyone worry about Christians in China?

Christianity is a pernicious superstition, the sooner it is forgotten the better for humanity.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I just looked at the 2015 yearbook and China is not listed. So it must be included in the 30 'other lands' with about 30 thousand JWs. Any way you look at it the number of JWs there is just a few thousand.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Very interesting post JWL. Thank you.

I think that the Chinese gov could take such action if they believe they are at risk of being challenged by the growing number of christian churches and followers --knowing the Chinese. But it would be a very bad move, economically, if they did. It is bad for business because they should expect sanctions and retaliation from Christianized western countries and they don't need that in the way of their monstrous economic growth and power. But then again, those in power would know if they are in danger from the christian masses and would have to take the actions they need in spite of the known consequences to China or be put in a position of loosing power. So, it is very possible that the Chinese government would take such action.

IT is hard to say exactly what Chinese Caesar will require from the churches and according to wt theology, the church is in bed with the wild beast anyway so it won't be so much of a problem for the church to comply unless Caesar goes too far and wants to dictate what pope to elect, for example. But if it comes down to survival, the Chinese gov can expect that the churches will compromise.

REgarding JW in this affair, if it comes down to it, it is probabel that wt will send delegates to China and assure the gov that they do not need to fear JW from challenging their government, but not to expect flag salutes, etc.

I think that Chinese JW are especially courageous and won't compromise, maybe under torture, maybe not ,but given the choice of life or death, there will be a great massacre of jw in china. I can't see wt making flag saluting ok, or military service, or political involvement. UNlike the Jews who have the Republic of Israel with nuclear weapons and many other political powers to help them, jws, in spite of their army of lawyers, are helpless because they don't have any military, they do not fight back or retaliate and they do not have any friends in government, specially because they refer to governments and the UN as beasts --God help them or they are doomed and won't survive as a religion.

Does anyone know how JW are getting around military service and flag saluting in China now?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I thought the communist political party in China was always against Christianity ?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When this 'news' starts circulating in the jw conversation circles, it will be about "only" jw's being persecuted in China!

The end must be near!

just saying!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I think that Chinese JW are especially courageous and won't compromise, maybe under torture, maybe not ,but given the choice of life or death, there will be a great massacre of jw in china. I can't see wt making flag saluting ok, or military service, or political involvement.....Fisherman

Throwing yourself Under the Bus for the Watchtower makes you an Idiot..

Dying for the Watchtower makes you a Dead Idiot..

National Flags at Kingdom Halls are not a Problem For Watchtower..

National Flags..

PROTECT WATCHTOWER REAL ESTATE..

Image result for Flag at kingdom hall

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think that Chinese JW are especially courageous and won't compromise, maybe under torture, maybe not ,but given the choice of life or death, there will be a great massacre of jw in china

Over sensationalizing again Fisherman

Someone sure likes to twist facts and make up pretentiously false statements.

The worse that would happened to JWS is they would be imprisoned if they didn't honor the communist party/regime. Nothing new or in practical sense a reversion of old political tactics.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Finkelstein

Finkelstein

Over sensationalizing again Fisherman

Someone sure likes to twist facts and make up pretentiously false statements

'given the choice of life or death' -Fisherman

Please," read what I wrote, not your conclusions about what I wrote." --Marvin Shilmer

The worse that would happened to JWS is they would be imprisoned if they didn't honor the communist party/regime. Nothing new or in practical sense a reversion of old political tactics.-Finklestein

How would you know? But, my commentary posted on this thread though, does not guess what the Chinese government will do to JW but only what JW would do given a life and death choice, thus your assertions and opinions about my post on this thread are not correct.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This isn't the 1940's anymore fisherman .

Call it an act of improbability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit