WT opinion about anointed Christians

by Gorbatchov 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Religionists like the men and woman of the JW organization appeal to be anointed because it offers an uplifted specialty to about themselves, an appealing self structured delusion consumed in spirituality.

Most religious leaders self proclaim they are anointed by God , including the Pope of the Catholic church and Jim Jones of the cult he started, inducing the egotistical narcissistic leaders of the Watchtower Corporation.

AHHH .... that anointedness sure feels good, its so empowering indeed.

The fact is that there are more people claiming to be anointed with the JW religion virtually because there are more devoted adherents to this faith in numbers, as the numbers grew so did the people who claimed to be anointed. A sullen statistic the WTS doesn't openly admit.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    What's that I hear? The beating of slaves by fellow slaves?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One important thing to note is that all the corrupt charlatan leaders of WTS/IBSA going back to C T Russell, were sefl proclaimed anointed ones, incuding the boozing aduterater J Rutherford.

Ummmm ??? ... I guess God isn't particularly choosy in the people he anoints .

• Giordano
    Giordano
    The 144,000.......... one of the dumbest doctrines invented by the Society who should re-name themselves the Odd fellows cause this religion is just that.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

According to this guy on Reddit, some of the GB members fall into that category of being annointed on demand.

With all the talk about the anointing lately, let's refresh our memory about how anointing works in the organization.

Those who serve on the Governing Body are anointed.

Those who serve as Helpers to the Governing Body, are by definition not anointed.

Gerrit Lösch served as a helper before being appointed to the Governing Body in 1994.

Anthony Morris III and Geoffrey Jackson both served as helpers before being appointed to the Governing Body in 2005.

Samuel Herd, Stephen Lett, David Splane and the late Guy Pierce all served as helpers before being appointed to the Governing Body in 1999.

The newest guy in the gang, Mark Sanderson, is no exception.

As we discuss the specifics of Holy Spirit mechanics, let us not forget that it operates in mysterious, but bureaucratically convenient, ways.

• WireRider
    WireRider

I never under stood that. The Bible very clearly spells it out. 144,000. 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel. Are there a lot of Israel descendants, or Jews, in the WT/JW? The Bible says it very clearly.

I don't recall it saying from any particular religion - just a very specific group by race and region. Why did Russell claim it just means a bunch of people? Can someone explain that to me?

• Giordano
    Giordano
    I never understood that Cappytan but it explains a lot........ by the time one of these assistants is appointed and anointed to the GB they are worthless as they have spent years kissing ass and going along without a fresh new idea or skill set that is not Administration. Even their personalities are odd.....no wonder they say the dumbest things.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why did Russell claim it just means a bunch of people? Can someone explain that to me?

Agree WireRider the writings in the bible contravene what comes out of the interpretation by Russell and his following cohorts. Well I guess if your going to claim the solemnly chosen ones ( FDSL) you best have some anointed in that recognized group.

The reality is Russell was a theological nitwit who absorbed himself in his own theological ideas more so because they specifically appealed to himself.

The men that took to following him in the directing of the WTS. were also self proclaimed anointed , yet they

were belligerent lying crooks running the WTS.

• Splash
    Splash
    Cappytan The newest guy in the gang, Mark Sanderson, is no exception.

- w2013 7/15 p.26 A New Member Of The Governing Body
    "In September 2010, [Mark Sanderson] was invited to return to the United States, where he served as a helper to the Service Committee of the Governing Body."

So in 2010 Mark Sanderson was one of the "other sheep" and not anointed at that time.
    This excludes him from being one of "this generation" since he was not a partaker when F.Franz was alive, so could not be an overlapper.

If on the other hand Mark Sanderson DID partake prior to being a "helper", then by definition he should already (and automatically) have been classed as one of the F&DS by virtue of helping them reach decisions.

It seems more likely that he became anointed between 2010 and 2013 in order to qualify for his promotion.

Hang on, this needs a new thread....
  • stuffwotifink
    stuffwotifink
    I never under stood that. The Bible very clearly spells it out. 144,000. 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel. Are there a lot of Israel descendants, or Jews, in the WT/JW?
    I always thought that was just about the best example of shoddy (or dishonest) interpretation, by the WT. Symbolic and literal, side by side, in the same verse... Sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit