by The Rebel 17 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How are you with your temper?

Fine..

Image result for axe murderer

• millie210
    millie210

Outlaw, have I told you lately that I love you?

Your lack of pretension and your ability to say a lot with a few is beyond comparison.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

I learned very young that being both Italian and German I had a real hot temper and it just had to be controlled. My daughter's favorite phrase is mom was always so busy we could push all her buttons and get away with it except for lying and disrespect. Now if I catch someone doing either of those, sorry this Italian lady surely can lose her temper.

I have friends who ask how can you work so calmly with 40 teenage girls at the same time when they are whining about boyfriend issues, that time of the month, she is getting yada yada yada and they are always complaining. By the end of the day you work through it and get them on task, make them laugh, encouraging them, bring them to the point where they work together and you never lose your temper. I just figure it is not worth all that energy it takes to lose your temper. Staying calm exerts a lots less energy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

(((millie210)))..

• Tallon
    Tallon

I've never been one to totally lose it. Sure, at times I get 'p***** off' like most folk do, and have raised my voice on a number of occasions however, I've never went as far as physical violence when angry.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I try not to get into positions where I will be provoked.

I avoid confrontations.

If I have to get into them, someone will probably say, I lost my temper. They may or may not be correct.

On the other hand. I worked as a deputy sheriff at the county jail dealing with prisoners all day.

And at times they would zealously provoke me.

I can say I never lost my temper doing my job at the jail. If I had to fight someone or discipline someone, I never lost my temper.

Maybe because everything I did was on video. And I had to write a report regarding everything I ever did and then the brass would compare my report to the video. So I knew I couldn't loose my temper or I would loose my job. And I wanted the retirement.

I have had urine and feces thrown at me and people swing at me, I have been called every name prisoners can think of, and I never lost my temper.

I try to avoid confrontations. Because, I know to the extreme they lead to a fight and fighting leads to jail. And I worked in the jail and I don't want to go there.

I will fight to protect myself from being attacked or harmed but I will avoid heated arguments that lead to fighting.

I have enough martial arts and police training that I can look at someone and tell whether I can beat them or not.

And if I can beat them they might know it to and shoot or stab me first. I don't need that.

And I know where I live in Florida if you end up fighting someone on the street probably both parties are going to jail. What do I need to fight someone for?

I can tell by looking at them whether I can beat them or not. I don't need to go to jail, pay for a lawyer and get a criminal record.

Florida is a state where many people have concealed weapons permits. And If a person feels threatened they can shoot you and probably get away with it.

So that is a good reason for me to control my temper.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Interesting read " James Brown" thanks.

" Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured"-Mark Twain

We get angry when we are frustrated, which often cause us to release adrenalin, causing muscles to tence and the heart rate to increase.

" Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned" - The Buddah,

I quote Buddah because it was interesting how many posters wrote that they practice meditation to control their anger ( well one poster did anyway, and I make two) Personally I think anger is a form of reincarnation, I mean we wake up in a good mood and then something happens and we get angry, and we temporary become a different self to the self that started the day in a good mood. I have learnt that many of the times I got angry and lost my temple, it was quite unnecessary. The problem was me not the situation.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Rebel,

I like your last statement. As I said earlier the only things that still anger me and will set my temper off is lying and disrespect but as I have gotten older I have learned not to engage in this battle with these people. If it is face to face I turn my back and walk away, if it is on the phone I hang up and refuse to answer return calls. I am just no longer going to engage in this battle with these people. Life is to short.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit