How are you with your temper?

by The Rebel 17 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Let's be honest everyone has their limits, their breaking point. Personally I try to remain placid when provoked, but on occasion I can loose it. The last time I lost it was when Chelsea came to Watford and some Chelsea supporters had some how got tickets and were sitting in the home end. I forcibly resented it when a few cheered their first goal, and I told them to keep their mouth shout. Nothing further was heard from them until the end of the match. I am not sure if it was me that shut them up or some of our more intimidating supporters. But the last laugh was on us because Chelsea hammered us that day.

However, I always feel most occasions by loosing ones temper, it is a weakness. And when I think of people I new who often lost their temper ( teachers from school, bullies at school, my father outside of school, a few past bosses at work, myself when I was younger) I am glad I now rarely loose my temper because personally I find it rarely the best policy.

How are you with your temper? What's your breaking point? When was the last time you lost your temper?

• DJS
    DJS

I know you all will find it hard to believe, but I rarely lose my temper. I do reserve it as an option for those who drive slow in the fast lane.

There's a special place in hell for them.

Oh, and at my Samsung Galaxy 5 that contines to do stuff completely of its own volition and won't behave. I think it's possessed.

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

I go right off when people say loose your temper instead of lose your temper. I lost mine now!... Otherwise your grammar and spelling seems OK. Maybe it's your damned auto correct or something and I hate that f****r too. How f*****g dare they tell us how to bloody spell the Queen's English. God-damn it, I have to go have a Bourbon now, I hope you're happy with what you have done. Gees I"ll give you f****n temper. You wanna hope I don't meet you in a dark alley you offspring of a *********** **** ****. F*** me, where do some people get off?

And what damn business of yours is it if I have a temper. I'll control my temper when everyone else controls there stupid! I hope the damn dog comes in so I can kick it and its all your bloody fault; probably wont be able to sleep now.

Weakness you reckon, If a few more of us got "weak" now an then we might clean this cesspit we live in up. I'll give you bloody weak right alongside your f****n head.

Aaargh!!

:)

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

That was agonisingly funny Tantalon, you strike a chord with every angry person anywhere...and being intimidated by your anger I give you a " Like" :-)

As a thought for all us placid people, we should spend a day being angry, see what a difference it will make to our life's, our wife's will obey us, our children will clean their teeth and do homework, and our boss will make us unemployed...

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

Truly I have spent many hours awake when I should be sleeping, literally plotting peoples death.

Then I learnt TTATT.

Then I learnt about mindfulness meditation.

Now I sleep well.

Wife still reckons I am grumpy ol fart.

Never mind, she'll get hers one night!

• just fine
    just fine

I am in much better control of my emotions than I was as a witness. I very rarely lose my temper, because it's not worth it. Once in a while, eeehhhh, I'm human. :-)

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I practice meditation, so I rarely lose my temper.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I have been losing my temper more and more lately. I wonder why.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Tantalon: ...I'll control my temper when everyone else controls there stupid!

psssst...know the difference between "there" and "their"

aaarrrggghhhh!

• millie210
    millie210

I am going to guess that most people fancy that they are good at controlling their temper.

I do better as I get older.

That is all I will say without incriminating myself!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit